There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

If you're into being over worked, under paid, and used, then you will love it

Former Employee - Salon Manager  in  Savannah, GA
Former Employee - Salon Manager in Savannah, GA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Walk in clients, health insurance, incentive points

Cons

upper management has no idea how to do hair most of the time, or they are out of touch with stylists needs. They won't hesitate to step on you to get ahead. Aaaaaaand don't ever think you are having a private call. Because they will share and give you up when you asked to remain anonymous.
Pretty much it isn't worth the headache to work here. They don't care about you.

Learn to do hair. Listen to what we need. And optimized schedules Do not work

204 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

POS IT Helpdesk

Former Employee - IT POS Helpdesk  in  Edina, MN
    Former Employee - IT POS Helpdesk in Edina, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good place to start if you are new to the field. The job itself lets you learn basic troubleshooting skills which can help you later at different jobs. They got free food, which is good, and the bathrooms are clean.

Cons

Terrible management for the POS helpdesk. The supervisors and team leads aren't qualified to do their jobs. Everything seemed so disorganized, and this is NOT something you want in IT. The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help. The only thing that mattered to them was the "KPI" we get at the end of each month, and how much time we spend on "ready" and not paperwork. When the knowledge base they have is a piece of crap, of course most people will be spending time on "paperwork" because most of the time it takes longer to find the KB number than to fix the actual issue due to poor programming of their KB search. The pay is also very bad for the amount of work level 1 has to do. Everyday was a headache because of the stress they put on you to "stay in ready" or "GET ON LIVE ASAP". It's ridiculous, and not only that, NO DIRECT FEEDBACK from management to you because they don't care what your opinions are.

Hire more qualified supervisors, promote team leads that actually know what they are doing, actually TRAIN your employees, 2 days of viewing power points does not count as any kind of training.

still on government assistance after working for Regis for 15 years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Will hire anyone with a license, reguardless of skills.
    Located everywhere
    Good products to work with.

Cons

You have to work nights and you have to work weekends per corporate. This company only cares about the numbers. Pay scale is designed to make Regis money. Corporate promises raises, but doesn't come through, only strings you along. Screws you out of vacation pay. Guaranteed pay is only minimum wage, and is frowned upon and could get you let go and I've seen people get talked into quitting so they wouldn't have to fire so they wouldn't have to pay unemployment. I would never advise someone to work at any Regis location or any of their other salons. They are the most greedy company I have ever worked for.

Advise to take a course in ethics.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!