Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Unite

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are fresh out of cosmetology school and the ink just dried on your license, this is a great place to hone your skills. Then you can take the skills you honed and go somewhere else to make a decent living. Along the way you will work next to some really kind stylists, build some clientele consisting of kind, decent customers.

ConsLow/no staff, unstable hours/schedule, unlivable wages, run down salons, lack of customers, CEO and board members making too much money, horrible reputation as a company making it extremely difficult to get talented stylists to work for us. If they are talented and hire in, they will leave quicker than you can blink. This is a despicable company and it will soon be out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should count your blessings that your smartstyle employees haven't joined the Walmart employees to organize a union for livable wages. Or joined the fast food strikes calling for a higher livable wage. A common argument against the fast food strikes is that the fast food workers are not qualified to make $15 an hour since they perform unskilled work. Well, your stylists are licensed professionals who make LESS than fast food workers. Therefore they have more reason to strike/unite for higher livable wages, right?

Corporate is run by people who are not stylist and have no clue

Hairstylist (Current Employee)
    Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: i realy cant think of a pro. Ive had nothing but issues with this company since i started there. Thats why they have a high… Cons: Pay rate is horrible and commission is a joke. I advised those that… Advice to Senior Management: Know what your talking about before you advise your stylist. District… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Low Pay For Stylists, Overworked, Can't make ends meet

Hair Stylist (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Laid Back environment, nice co workers, easy going management, love… Cons: Horrible pay rate, no training, overworked and WAY underpaid ( I averaged 450$ a MONTH… Advice to Senior Management: compensate your stylists better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Regis Corporation.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.