Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com
  www.regiscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Used to be a good place to work, it's all going downhill quick with no end in sight.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It used to be a friendly environment, you could come to work and enjoy for the most part being there. We had good hours and it wasn't as stressful.

Cons

You can tell this company is going down or at least bankrupt, we all feel the tension. They wan't you to be robots and pay you nothing, squeeze all the juice out of you and the client. Rules are being changed constantly so much that you can barely keep up anymore, even clients are noticing.It's not a good place to work at least not anymore unless something changes drastically.

Why don't you try to make the stylist happy so we can make the client happy? It trickles down, if we are happy the client will be happy. We can only pretend or put on a fake smile for so long...

219 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

Franchised Beauty

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Regis there is a lot of growth opportunity to build clientle and the 6hour shifts are just enough.
    I like the incentives for stylist that push us to work harder.

Cons

The pay isn't enough to live off of.
    The chaotic atmosphere of managerial duties and salon duties (why is doesn't the salon manager have an office or at least a filing cabinet?)
    Not having a receptionist limits the stylist while they're working, having to keep stepping away from a client.

Understand that Regis salons is a brand that has returning guests and it should be ran as such and not as a cruise ship salon or a smart-style salon (although in the same brand).
    Better payment plans
    maybe based off experience

Struggling Company Trying to Turn Things Around

Current Employee - Inventory Manager in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Inventory Manager in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Regis is a fine company that has become bloated over the years with greatly increased costs. The company has recently changed the vast majority of senior management that appears to be trying to right the ship. Unfortunately we have not yet seen this turnaround, but the outlook seems to be more hopeful.
    -Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance.
    -Very friendly employees.
    -Room to advance, but requires a lot of self-motivation.

Cons

-Struggling company means low benefits.
    -Old systems cause constant issues.

Get rid of silly stuff like free food and increase salaries to attract new talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation