There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Underappreciated

Current Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Windsor, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Employees & manager are awsome. Busy location. Nice people.

Cons

3 lights burnt out ( since may), shop needs to be remodeled, outdated, computer VERY slow, Regis wont even let us take a dollar from the til to get a new garbage can, not enough supplies for everyone, not enough pay for stylists, were not students/children/receptionist/electricians/computer technicians. Were hairstylist. We are there to cut hair NOT write down numbers for a WIG board, and to get people's emails/phone numbers. Guests want to come in, get a 10-15mins haircut and leave.NOBODY wants to give out personal information just to get a haircut. Not enough staff on the floor. Loosing money because we have to work alone and guests dont want to wait. cant have any personal photos on the wall or mirors, Not able to book appointments for alot of services. Employees very underappreciated. Been with Regis for 8 years & never had a raise. Thats not right. REGIS needs to educate themselves on taking care of thier employees and guests. They will just continue to loose business if not. Which is a shame because a few of us have alot of customers who would leave if we did. Maybe someone from head office should work in the shop and do 20 guest in a 6hour shift, clean, write down wig numbers, keep track of how many guest u used product on, keep track of how many emails you got & then tell us we don't deserve more money & appreciation. NOT a fun place to work.

Maybe someone from head office should work in the shop and do 20 guest in a 6hour shift, clean, write down wig numbers, keep track of how many guest u used product on, keep track of how many emails you got & then tell us we don't deserve more money & appreciation. And get OUR LIGHTS FIXED. Its pretty hard to cut hair in the dark!!!!!!

203 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

Not sure what will happen

Current Employee - District Leader  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - District Leader in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a full time job. It is nice that some owner isn't breathing down your back.

Cons

Extremely low wage. A lot of stress, and responsibility for the work load. They expect you to do 3 jobs, Manager, Stylist & District Leader for little money. As part of the field management team, it is hard to find & keep good employees when wages are so low.

There are a lot of long time employees that have been at a wage freeze for YEARS. You should pay your employees better. They feel unappreciated. It is really hard to survive here with what you get paid. Even the DL pay is below the poverty line.

First Choice should be your last choice!

Current Employee - Hairdresser  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Hairdresser in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The clients and colleagues. The option to cash in vacation time yearly. That is about it....not much here!

Cons

The pay (minimum wage with a wage freeze). The District Leaders are all about their little fiefdoms. Recently some of the salon managers were promoted up. Unfortunately they choose the laziest, most immature ones to hire. Our D/L sits on her butt pretending to do work on the computer. What she is really doing is trying not to do clients (like her job description says she should be doing). We are reprimanded for the stupidest things. This leaves the staff demoralized and upset. Not once are we praised for hard work, sales goal achieved, or simply for a nice haircut. There are no rewards for the stylist. When they do offer incentives, they are things like a flat iron for the salon or something worthless to us. Not one iota of thanks for holding the company up. If it weren't for us...there would be no First Choice Haircutters. Thank God for our clients...this is the ONLY reason I am still here...but not for long.

Remember who makes the dollars for you. US. To the President....how do you sleep at night???

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!