Regis Salon
www.regissalons.com Minneapolis, MN 1 to 5 Employees

okay place to start right out of school, not a place to grow.

Stylist (Former Employee)
Asheville, NC

I worked at Regis Salon

Prosguaranteed money irreguardless of hair done. walk thru traffic in a mall setting. product samples provided by companies to get us to sell their product. clippers and combs generally provided as are chemicals.

Conspayscale. if you don't make your quota amount, you get around $7/hr. I got paid more at a grocery store..... no skill set, licensing and continued education hours required. to take your continued ed, you have to fight to get a day off. nil chance of advancement. "personal performance appraisals" were a joke. they tell you you didn't sell enough product or do enough chemicals to get a 15 cent raise. you are in a cookie cutter salon that looks for cookie cutter hairstylists. if you are funky or have awesome skills they look down on that. you often HAVE to fix someone elses mess for free, rare tips. no plan for employee's to get reduced pain management/prevention care. DM actually told me i should wear heels every day to look classy... On my feet? 7-8 hrs a day? heels? uh-uh. if you leave you CANNOT have your clients... regis COULD sue you.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer ALL employees a discount for massage and/or chiropractic to keep them in working condition. product is good to sell, yes, but not all clients WANT that... don't make it mandatory to shove product down clients throats... pay your employees a good wage that reflects their SKILLS like $10/hr or more. this is a high touch profession and requires continued education. offer CEU's in the salon in training and cover it. makes hunting and paying for classes non existent, making happy, non stressed employees. don't insult stylists with nonexistent product commission. pay them well from the start and no commission. get a little more diversified and edgy.

Regis is a good company to work for.

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Our district leader is very helpful in leading the salon and is… Cons: Pay scale is not competitive with other companies similar to… Advice to Senior Management: Most people are money motivated. If you want your staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If your thinking of being a salon manager....RUN away FAST!!!!!

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Honestly, there is nothing good to say, this is utterly… Cons: How about minimum wage..to: Recruite and Hire stylists who walk out the door faster than a speeding bullet,… Advice to Senior Management: Pay everyone more, starting with stylist and salon managers, people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Regis Salon.

Worked for Regis Salon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Salon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Salon CEO Daniel Hanrahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Regis Salon employees.