There are newer employer reviews for Regis University

Highly bureaucratic but great people and benefits

Current Employee - Associate Director in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Associate Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University full-time

Pros

Kind, welcoming coworkers. The mission - in service to others - permeates throughout the institution. Great benefits include generous vacation/sick leave, free tuition, decent health plan etc. Respect for work/life balance.

Cons

There is a noticeable hierarchy and the environment can feel political/bureaucratic - lots of red tape to get anything done, which often stifles creativity. Siloed departments. Low salaries.

Put more effort into unifying the institution and supporting your staff.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Regis University (View Most Recent)

dysfunctional and highly bureacratic

Current Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pretty main campus, nice people, has values

Cons

many departments are poorly run, highly inefficient and bureaucratic, outmoded management methods employed, extremely political, below average compensation

Sad and frustrating experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Regis University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Name recognition; a long history in the community and a very pleasant campus environment.

Cons

The institution is simply not run on the values and ethics that it purports to have. I had originally thought that despite a very low salary (I took a pay cut to work there), it would be rewarding to work for a Catholic organization, especially being Catholic myself. Unfortunately, the president of the university at the time really undermined that opinion. Leadership overall, particularly in University Relations, was really lacking. They spent money and wasted time filling positions as favors to friends and donors and were very submissive to the archbishop of Denver. Overall, I think the experience could vary greatly, depending on which area of the university you work. University Relations is a mess and everyone talks about it but nobody does anything to fix the issues.

Please review your business practices- do they align with your purported ethics and morals?? I saw many good people get harassed or fired by management in University Relations and many other people placed in positions for which they were unqualified.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis University