There are newer employer reviews for Register Tapes Unlimited

WORST professional experience of my life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can honestly say, there were NO pro's for working with this company. There was no micro management, but in this companies case perhaps that is what is needed.

Cons

I was told when I accepted this position that it was for a "growing call center" I would be building a team of 20 + employee's and would receive a salaried pay, with commission up to 6 figures a year. My first day on the job there were only 4 other employees. My "training" consisted of a 20 minute reading of the phone script and watching the National Sales Manager make the telemarketing calls. Keep in my I was not a TM I was a MANAGER. I was not given any contact information for the head quarters in TX, I was not trained in my role as a manager with this company. I had to feel my way through everything. I was asked to decorate the office, but not given expenses to do so - so it was out of pocket. Had to pay for all our paper goods and such out of pocket. Within my first week I was instructed to fire 2 employee's who showed me no reason of being let go. I was told add's were being placed to hire new TM's - but never saw them or received resumes. I was never paid ANY of the commission from my employee's sales, paid expenses out of pocket and without warning was told they were closing my call center, a mere 2 1/2 months after I started. The sales force was awful and weeks went by without any sales for the call center. NOTHING this company promised came into fruition and no we are all left scratching out heads as to why there was no prior notice given of the closing of our call center. The product is super expensive and a lot of business had little to no interest at all. The customers that did decided to give our advertising a chance - they hardly ever saw the results they were expecting. The customer service is nonexistent, there was no follow up by the sales rep and instead of increasing business profitability companies lost money hand over fist. IF a company did decide to stick with our brand of advertising and renew their contract RTUI would show their appreciation by hiking up the annual cost 30% EVERY YEAR.

Take care of your employee's and your customers - without either you would not be in business.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Register Tapes Unlimited (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional and definitely unethical

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros

There really was no positives working for this company. Well, I take that back.... The only thing good is that it was a paycheck.

Cons

I really could go off on a tangent about RTUI, so I will just highlight some of the worst things. I actually worked in the office taking care of the customers. I handled accounts throughout the entire USA for their Grocery Cart portion of the company, and it definitely got extremely stressful at times due to their lack of having additional staff. The entire company is extremely understaffed which makes it really hard to keep up with everything with all of the new accounts that came in on a daily basis. The one thing about RTUI is that it lacks structure. Everything was completely unorganized and one big giant mess. There were days where I had to make stuff up as I went about my day. RTUI also lacks a vision; it seemed like they were just in it for the profit instead of ensuring that the customer was fully taken care of. The health benefits were horrible. The compensation for the work load was WAY below average as well. Check out the BBB; they have an "F" rating.

Hire more staff to take care of your customers; they were extremely aggravated with how their needs and concerns were being addressed. Or, sell the company to someone who can actually handle the work load and try and save the business. Or you could just close it FOR GOOD!

RUN FROM THIS JOB

Former Employee - Sales in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros

Work on your own and can pretty much work your own hours

Cons

Management was a joke, ran people through interviews like cattle, big turnover, hard to sell and if you quit forget about getting much of a check from your commissions after. Not much training and they want you to follow a exact script with the phone calling. Your a independent Contractor, no benefits, and they really don't care about their so called employees. Company is very greedy and tells businesses what they want to hear. Stores are not properly given the new tapes or told when to start running them which means whoever advertises, their ads may not be running. Be prepared to be going out with some pushy management on your calls, and don't plan on advancing because it is really not there. If someone doesn't pay you chase them or you get a charge back.

Hire honest managers that care about their customers. Need more structure with management and more training for the new hires. Maybe then you wouldn't have such a turn over of people.

There are newer employer reviews for Register Tapes Unlimited