Register Tapes Unlimited
www.rtui.com Houston, TX 500 to 999 Employees

WORST professional experience of my life

East Providence, RI

ProsI can honestly say, there were NO pro's for working with this company. There was no micro management, but in this companies case perhaps that is what is needed.

ConsI was told when I accepted this position that it was for a "growing call center" I would be building a team of 20 + employee's and would receive a salaried pay, with commission up to 6 figures a year. My first day on the job there were only 4 other employees. My "training" consisted of a 20 minute reading of the phone script and watching the National Sales Manager make the telemarketing calls. Keep in my I was not a TM I was a MANAGER. I was not given any contact information for the head quarters in TX, I was not trained in my role as a manager with this company. I had to feel my way through everything. I was asked to decorate the office, but not given expenses to do so - so it was out of pocket. Had to pay for all our paper goods and such out of pocket. Within my first week I was instructed to fire 2 employee's who showed me no reason of being let go. I was told add's were being placed to hire new TM's - but never saw them or received resumes. I was never paid ANY of the commission from my employee's sales, paid expenses out of pocket and without warning was told they were closing my call center, a mere 2 1/2 months after I started. The sales force was awful and weeks went by without any sales for the call center. NOTHING this company promised came into fruition and no we are all left scratching out heads as to why there was no prior notice given of the closing of our call center. The product is super expensive and a lot of business had little to no interest at all. The customers that did decided to give our advertising a chance - they hardly ever saw the results they were expecting. The customer service is nonexistent, there was no follow up by the sales rep and instead of increasing business profitability companies lost money hand over fist. IF a company did decide to stick with our brand of advertising and renew their contract RTUI would show their appreciation by hiking up the annual cost 30% EVERY YEAR.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employee's and your customers - without either you would not be in business.

Unprofessional and definitely unethical

Houston, TX

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros: There really was no positives working for this company. Well, I take… Cons: I really could go off on a tangent about RTUI, so I will just highlight some of the worst things. I actually worked in the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more staff to take care of your customers; they were extremely aggravated with how their needs and concerns were being addressed. Or, sell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

RUN FROM THIS JOB

Sales (Former Employee)
    Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros: Work on your own and can pretty much work your… Cons: Management was a joke, ran people through interviews like cattle, big turnover, hard to sell and if you quit forget about getting much of a… Advice to Senior Management: Hire honest managers that care about their customers. Need more structure with management and more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Register Tapes Unlimited.

Worked for Register Tapes Unlimited? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Register Tapes Unlimited reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Register Tapes Unlimited CEO Doug Endsley. All reviews posted anonymously by Register Tapes Unlimited employees.