Worst Company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros

It is a good product that gives advertisers lots of repeat exposure.

Cons

This company does not care about its reps or advertisers. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. I worked for them for a total of about 7 months and sold out several stores in the area in the first few months but then started getting calls from several of my advertisers complaining that their ads were not up on the carts when they were supposed to be, their bills were screwed up, artwork screwed up, etc. On top of that my manager was always missing in action and no one at the office ever answered the phone and when they do you get the runaround every time. They do not ever return calls or emails, the people that work in the office are completely incompetent. I really felt like I was dealing with a bunch of morons. Then to top it off they tried not to pay me for the last $2000 ad I sold due to their screwing up the paperwork. I finally got my commission almost 4 months later after numerous phone calls and emails. This place is a complete joke!

Advice to Management

Act like you care just a little bit about your sales reps and your advertisers, after all they are the reason you are even in business!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

There are better places to work

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited

Pros

Ability to work from home and flexible hours. The job itself is easy (it's not rocket science selling advertising)

Cons

The company is run like a mom and pop shop. There is no true leadership. The company lacks professionalism and vision.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees by offering praise. Treat employees as people instead of a piece of furniture. Create a more harmonious environment.

Entrepreneurial spirited only. Lazy bums need not apply

Current Employee - National Sales Director
    Current Employee - National Sales Director

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My 28 years in this industry have been an incredible journey . 7 years with RTUI. Undoubtedly a company that is run in the most effective way possible. If you have closing skills the income potential is far and above what anyone would ever think. Growth opportunities abound. Something has to be right for us to have grown 700+ % in the 7 years I have been with them. UP FRONT COMMISSIONS. NO CREDIT REJECTS

Cons

If you can't close you can't earn. It's not easy to go out everyday and take the rejection. Hardest part is teaching yourself how to put in a full day EVERYDAY.