Disrespects candidates

Current Employee - General Manager Candidate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - General Manager Candidate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

Great company ideals and products.
Center staff is amazing!

Cons

Went through all levels of interviews up to the VP level. Was told that I would get a response in 7 days. I have yet to hear from the staff including the recruiter!!! While I was interviewing I got great response!! At the conclusion of my interviews SILENCE!! No one will answer phone calls or emails!! Sad, I had such respect for the company!!!

Advice to Management

Please require HR/ Recruiters to follow up with candidates that spend the time, gasoline and energy going through the rounds of interviews that you require. It shows that you respect their time as much as they should respect yours.

Regus Response

Apr 30, 2013VP, HR Americas

Hi, I'm from Regus HR, and I am really sorry to hear that your first experience with Regus was not fully positive. I would be hugely grateful if you could drop me an email at ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's what you make of it

Current Employee - Senior Client Services Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Services Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits include 11 paid holidays, 4 floating holidays (1 per quarter, can earn up to 20 days of vacation time, based upon years with company, health insurance, life insurance, legal insurance, dental insurance, 401K, great working environment, clients at centers are great too

Cons

Company changed about two years ago. Three person teams are now in place in most centers. This model really taxes employees in locations that are really busy.

Advice to Management

Please revaluate the three person work team. You are killing your staff. Moral is very low.

:-(

General Manager - NYC

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Corporate Business Hours (If you're super organized).
    *Potential to make more than base pay with auarterly commissions and bi-annual bonus.
    *You get to interact with a variety of entrepreneurs from all walks of life.
    *PTO is decent.

Cons

*While PTO is good, there is no sick time in this company.
    *Executive Management in NYC borderlines comical. They are just cogs in a giant beuracracy and do not posess the skill set required to run their positions. The only thing that saves them is their connection to higher executive management and ruthless backstabbing of AD's and GM's. The amount of illegal favoritism that occurs in this market is absurd and will eventually wind up costing Regus big time the moment someone brings a case to court.
    *Consistent focus on mundane tasks that have minimal, statistical ROI to the bottom line.
    *As a General Manager, you manage not only operations and sales, but you are required to actually generate your own leads on a consistent basis by attending networking events and hounding brokers. This is the first company that expects so much from its staff without the compensation to back up the role.
    *Speaking of compensation, the customer service reps in this company get paid a wage that is at the poverty line. Any smart CSR would apply for a job as an admin asst. and double their salary overnight.
    *The new bonus and commission comp plan is fixed and benefits the companies massive global expansion goals. They set the pricing for centers so high that any discounts you apply to an office automatically throws your commission in the gutter...this saves the company big time. You can earn the company $100k in one month but not make a single dime off your hard work if the deal occurred outside various stipulations.
    *This company is a sales driven company. Because of this, they hire GM's with minimal operations experience and give them a few video trainings to review before throwing them into the field to fend for themselves. The CEO of this company should spend less time criticizing CEO's like the Yahoo CEO and spend more time honing in on what's bringing him boat loads of cash every single month.
    *Everyone says our CEO is a genius. From one aspect, he is. He's mastered the art of competing with himself.
    *I tried really hard to excel in this company for my own personal reasons. If it was not for a few factors which led me to Regus, I would never work for such a company. The business model looks great on paper, but it's a demoralizing company to work for, and the only people that express differently are either new employees that don't know that much about the company, or they are best friends with one of the Executive Management team and are coasting by on those laurels. If you're an employee seeking employment from Regus, do yourself a favor. DON'T!
    *The pay scale between new GM's and old GM's is ridiculous. You are hiring new GM's at a higher rate of pay with minimal real life skills, while not bringing up the pay for seasoned GM's.
    *There are monthly business review meetings that are a total waste of time. Not a single GM cares to listen to the repetitive spiel produced at these meetings. Not once have I walked away from one of these meetings inspired to do my job any better. The leadership at these meetings spit the same verbatim speaches out month after month and act as if they've never said the same things countless times.

Advice to Management

*Live the life of a CSR for one day in the busiest center to remind yourself what it's like to run a center without two operations managers and a boat load of CSR's at your disposal. When you can do that and still manage all other operations and sales targets, then I want you to go meet brokers and market your center and hold you accountable if you fail in any category.
    *Stop riding on the backs of your GM's to do everything from lead generation to marketing. Real companies hire marketing professionals to handle important tasks such as this and let operations and sales managers manage their business.
    *Stop expanding properties on the backs of commissions and bonuses.
    *Quit.