Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management team in my area is amazing. Team work and encouragement abound. Training, while exhausting at times, is good. Multiple databases and systems make figuring out to whom to send issues to a real challenge for newcomers. It is rewarding assisting entrepreneurs and small business persons with their office needs. As a GM, I am encouraged by upper management to be transparent with my clients about all aspects of the Terms & Conditions of their agreement with Regus. As the GM in my center I am given the freedom to make good business decisions for my clients as well as for my center. Regus is an innovative and forward thinking company with impressive growth and goals. If you like things to stay the same and have the attitude that "we have always done it this way" and don't want to adapt, then Regus is most likely not the place for you. Change is the constant at Regus. I love what I do and the team I work with and simply cannot imagine leaving Regus.

Cons

Billing is challenging to say the least. Billing issues crop up monthly and dealing with those issues consumes time which could be better spent elsewhere by the Team Members.

Advice to Management

Streamline and consolidate systems. Systems are not always intuitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interview Process

Former Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regus has an international presence that allows its employees the opportunity to work in different markets. If you are a General Manager in a new business center located in a great location you will have a great opportunity to meet dynamic people.

Cons

A lengthy interview process with various team members! Shocking none of the team members spoke to one another prior to meeting me thus negating the benefits of this type of process. Furthermore, during the interview process I was specifically told that Regus takes at least 6 months to hire some one and to a fault its always changing personnel and processes. To my dismay, when I followed up with one of the interviewers involved in the interview process, he was no longer in that position and told me, I am no longer involved in the decision making process so please follow up with.... Adding insult to injury during my final interview, the interviewer started of by asking me, "who did I meet prior?" This gave me the impression he had no idea of my candidacy. During the interview his phone continuously rang. So disrespectful! Overall, my sense is that the interview process is reflective of Regus corporate culture.

Advice to Management

During my ride-along I learned that Regus is constantly changing to a fault. Also, I took the liberty of speaking with Regus' clients who told me that billing was a major issue since they outsource this service to offices in South East Asia creating a major obstacle in correcting mistakes. My advice is that Regus pay more intention to its employees by developing a culture of respect. Furthermore, as one interviewer reveal to me Regus needs to correct its billing system.

2. Normal ups and downs of any company, overall good experiences

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

There is a lot of support, the training is comprehensive, the sales material and collateral are above average. There are a lot of tools and support to help sales people acheive their goals. Expectations are very clearly defined. My co-workers and peers are easy to work with and very helpful.

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone, the company wants to be innovative and always ahead of the customers needs so there is a tremendous amount of change. You might find this exciting or you might find it stressful. Depends on the person. Field teams are fantastic, the centralized functions could use some improvement.

Advice to Management

Fix the GSC