There are newer employer reviews for Regus

Very friendly place to work.

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX
Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Management is willing to assist when a problem occours

Cons

World Wide company so coordination with overseas branches can be a problem

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Too Much Work- too little money. Decent if you are young and need a stepping stone and only plan to stay 2-3 years max.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable and aesthetically appealing work environment (dependent on your center) Decent Benefits Opportunity to impress and work with clients of different industries PTO-work/life balance When you think of it- it is actually a great line of products they offer.

Cons

They expect you to be the administrative assistant for multiple companies , market the center (marketing specialist), book rooms (reservation specialist) pay invoices (accounts payable)- MOVE FURNITURE (moving- offering no stipend if you destroy the suits you are REQUIRED to wear) You pretty much do the work of what should be separate positions on their own and receive wages that border poverty in a lot of the cities they have centers in. $15 per hour in NYC can't give you a decent standard of living in the worst area of the Bronx. For the prices they charge clients for rooms and services you would think they could pay you more. You are very expendable here. I was transferred once out of the blue, and I heard through the grapevine that their were talks to do it again because they acquired a new center. Forget hiring a new person for the acquisition is making you hundreds of thousands of dollars just move a person from a location where they built a relationship with clients and their co-workers. Particularly in NYC you see that they acquire more and more properties but nothing is going to the workers. I recommend it for a recent college grad who cant find a job or a young person trying to get cash/experience I would never stay expecting a career.

Advice to Management

Spend a week working at any busy Manhattan center and see how much you are ripping off your customer service rep and center managers.

Worst Management team of any company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - General Manager in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits were pretty okay but pretty comparable with any big company

Cons

Taking a job with Regus is the worst decision I ever made. I am SO glad I no longer work there. I would honestly rather deliver pizzas than work for this highly unethical and pressure cooker of a company. I do believe in Karma and I do think that pressure cooker will explode one of these days. In a bad job market, you can only get away with treating your employees like dirt for so long. When the economy picks up, watch out Regus. I was hired as an Area Sales Manager and then suddenly my title/responsibility/comp got changed to be a General Manager (twice as much work and less pay). I wanted a sales job and instead I had to deal with an operational nightmare. The director I reported to must have thought I was a robot or something, as I was expected to SELL SELL SELL(boiler room mentality) in addition to answering phones , managing hourly workers, moving furniture around, and being in charge of the profit of my center. This would be all be okay but the pay is just average so basically Regus expects you to do two jobs for the pay of one job. And the pay of that one job is below average at best. The management in this company is by far the worst I have ever witnessed. Most of them have been there for YEARS (probably because no other company would have them) so there is no way to move up or be promoted. No matter what they tell you, they hire outside the company for upper management positions so you can forget moving up. The VP of the region where I worked is an HR nightmare and completely drives on fear instead of positive reinforcement. Good companies start with solid leadership at the top and Regus’s top leadership is corrupt, unethical, verbally abusive, and condescending. Don’t make the mistake I did, go work ANYWHERE else but Regus.

Advice to Management

the CEO of this company, Mark Dixon, should clean house and start over. This group of upper management is a joke and seriously treading on thin ice when it comes to how they treat their employees. One day it could all end up being a legal nightmare.