There are newer employer reviews for Regus

If You Like Being Pushed Around a LOT, Then This Job is For YOU!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The clients are always friendly and excellent to serve on a daily basis.
-Every employees receives decent pay.

Cons

-Lack of hours. You get only 15 hours per week if you are the CSR I, part-time employee.
-Management is in utter chaos and does not communicate well.
- Invoicing is a major hassle and is always needing to be corrected.
-Accounts payable NEVER has its act together and clients are being billed incorrectly.
-Constant change and being thrown around from one center to the next.
-NO PROPER training. You are thrown into the pit of fire from the day you start here.
-Clients will find anything to complain about on a daily basis (although not all clients are like that).
-I have to travel long distances to work only 3 hours at some other center to be trained.
-Lazy management.
-CSRs are expected to handle EVERYTHING in the office.
-Part-time hours are not reasonable for this kind of environment.

Make all Customer Service Representative positions, FULL-TIME. If you split the time between two CSRs, then there is a communication rift between the two workers. We do not know what was done and by whom. There is a disruption and people need to learn how to communicate better over the phone rather than email. Respect your clients more, stop making the CSRs work so hard, and GIVE MORE HOURS to us CSRs. So, essentially, we are the bread and butter of your COMPANY. So guess what? I am looking for other opportnities since this company is so backwards.

362 Other Employee Reviews for Regus (View Most Recent)

One too many stars for Regus...

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great looking offices in great locations worldwide.

Cons

Where to start? Unfortunately, the list of cons goes on and on. Sadly, all negative experiences shared on this site and others by former and current employees are completely accurate. My advice to you: Do take the time to read them very carefully. Especially if you are a smart, career minded and ethical business professional. I personally did not dig much deeper into the heart of real issues before accepting the job. That is my only regret.

Yes, you will have some positive feedback from "satisfied" employees. Trust me, they are far and in between. Most likely such employees are in flourishing markets where business is booming and with lots of low hanging fruits. Chances are such employees are in leadership positions with the unique opportunity to make decisions and/or enjoying high annual wages and bonuses.

Culture is a huge problem at Regus. Don't be fooled by the "values" displayed on its career page. Soon after you are in the job, you will rapidly notice that the company lacks trust, respect and dignity. Precisely, you will experience management by fear at its best. That is at all levels of the ladder. Also, you will witness that backstabbing is endorsed and encouraged. That is "The Regus Way". The worst part is that customers are also mistreated as a result. Just take a careful look at its BBB ratings and research customer complaints and lawsuits. My advise: Ask customers about their experiences and feelings. You'll soon find out that employee turnover is also a huge issue. Yes. Employees come and go at Regus and customers are stuck in the middle of chaotic work environments and business centers.

Forget Net Promoter Scores or employee engagement surveys. Frankly, the only thing that truly matters at Regus is: EBIT and profit maximization. You'll get a full hear about occupancy - Regus actually calls it "bums in seats". Here you have the strategy. Precisely, to increase commission and bonus payouts. So, be ready to mislead and cheat customers by not revealing all terms and conditions, misquoting them, charging them additional fees after the fact, wrongly billing them, auto renewing them, not responding to their cancellation notices and concerns, etc. You got the gist. Customers, and employees, are not at the forefront.

What for? They don't listen, nor do they care. Clearly, it's culture needs a lot of work, from the ground up. That's a huge undertaking, but you've got to be willing to do it.

Senior leadership: Take a hard look at your ill trained and ill equipped workforce. Also, take a hard look at the management mentality and style of your executives and senior executives. You might get more motivated and hard working frontline employees, and much less turnover. You will also get more actual customer renewals and referrals.

You can never be good enough...........

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great colleagues. I loved many of the people I worked with.
    Great life work balance *

Cons

-As a GM you are "responsible" for all aspects of the business including the ones out of your control.
    -You are not an individual. You are truly a number. You will be reminded of that number daily.
    -The company does not promote from within. This is evident just by looking at the careers page.
    -IT systems for staff and clients are a mess. Slow internet, many (many) different software systems (that do not communicate with one another)
    -Upper Management that has no idea what it is like in a center or specific market.

Churn 80% of upper management and replace them with management that understands service, company culture, respect while boosting profitability.

There are newer employer reviews for Regus