RehabCare

www.rehabcare.com
  www.rehabcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare

I find RehabCare a difficult company to work for. There is very little training before you start work.

Current Employee - SLP in Worcester, MA
Current Employee - SLP in Worcester, MA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The salary is based on experience and education. The hours are flexible.

Cons

The caseload is not guaranteed and if you don't have a caseload you are sent home without pay. this is not explained at interview. Essentially you are paid as a full time employee but you are actually per diem worker

The new hires need to be well trained before placed in the work area/with the patients

136 Other Employee Reviews for RehabCare (View Most Recent)

Extremely disappointed. I do not want this company to be in my community.

Former Employee - PD COTA in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - PD COTA in Chicago, IL

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some awesome therapists who wanted to do good, quality patient care, but who were not allowed to do so.

Cons

Passive/aggressive approach to the encouragement of fraud and abuse just to obtain the almighty dollar. Patients were not considered people but a means to financial gain. Employees ignored when compliance issues brought up to Senior PD's and Area Managers. If you brought up complaints you were pretty much tagged as a "difficult" employee. PD's showing favoritism and allowing fraudulent billing/time practices. PD's who were trying to go about business in an ethical manner were chewed out or "re-educated" about the importance of Part B billing. Encouraged to treat semi-comatose patients at an Ultra High level.

If you would put the focus back on the patient and encourage ethical treatment then your profits would be abundant. Keep on continuing the way you are and you will spend most of your profits in lawsuits with the OIG. I just wish that your compliance department wasn't a joke.

Great, if you love numbers and percentages more than patients.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at RehabCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great group of people who commiserated about the awful work situation they found themselves in. The money was good.

Cons

I felt like a factory worker where minutes were the product and the patient was nothing more than the tool to achieve my production goals. No money at all for new equipment to replace what was outdated and worn. Program directors who were slavish to the percentages. No time to spend speaking to families, other staff members, or for going to the bathroom on the clock for that matter.

Care about the patients! A good reputation and money will follow. Continue doing what your doing and you will loose good people and continue to build a lousy reputation.

There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare