There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare

I find RehabCare a difficult company to work for. There is very little training before you start work.

Current Employee - SLP in Worcester, MA
Current Employee - SLP in Worcester, MA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary is based on experience and education. The hours are flexible.

Cons

The caseload is not guaranteed and if you don't have a caseload you are sent home without pay. this is not explained at interview. Essentially you are paid as a full time employee but you are actually per diem worker

Advice to Management

The new hires need to be well trained before placed in the work area/with the patients

reviews filtered by

Great, if you love numbers and percentages more than patients.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people who commiserated about the awful work situation they found themselves in. The money was good.

Cons

I felt like a factory worker where minutes were the product and the patient was nothing more than the tool to achieve my production goals. No money at all for new equipment to replace what was outdated and worn. Program directors who were slavish to the percentages. No time to spend speaking to families, other staff members, or for going to the bathroom on the clock for that matter.

Advice to Management

Care about the patients! A good reputation and money will follow. Continue doing what your doing and you will loose good people and continue to build a lousy reputation.

I always felt like the company was never there for the therapist or residents, but to make money anyway they could.

Former Employee - PTA
    Former Employee - PTA

I worked at RehabCare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were top notch to work with. We all helped one another and treated patients like they were our own family.

Cons

Company wanted increased productivity even though it compromised patient care. Company gave administrator whatever he wanted even if it was detrimental to therapists. Company was very unethical and discriminatory towards therapists of female gender or of discipline need.

Advice to Management

Learn to stand behind your therapist assistants that want nothing but the best for the residents and learn to stand up to bullying in the workplace by the administrator. They never addressed bullying in the workplace and gave into nepotism by hiring who the administrator wanted in management position versus clinical expertise.