There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare

Unethical, horrible work environment. Don't respect their therapists. All about the bottom dollar

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Springfield, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good co-workers. Can't think of really anything else. Good continuing Ed pay.

Cons

Terrible upper management. They will act like they care about you but in the end it is all about the bottom dollar. No raises in over 4 years. Horrible medical benefits. They like to put PTA/COTA/ techs in program director positions to save money and they know that they can "train" these assistants to provide unethical RUG levels and med b patients on therapy. They see the frail elderly as a way to make money. Area managers provide no support. All they do is sit at home in front of their computers crunching numbers and complaining that rugs and med b aren't High enough. It's funny when you call your area manager and her kids are crying in the background while she is "working".

Advice to Management

You are losing all of your long-time, loyal, ethical employees. The problem starts with your management. Check what your ADO's actually do as well as your PD's. Treat your employees with respect. See each patient as more than a ultra high category or med b unit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Full time therapist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was my first job after graduation so I didn't know any better. The other therapists were great and tried to do what was best for the patients.

Cons

I will never work for this company again! Their only focus is productivity and picking up part B patients whether they are appropriate for treatment or not. Can't tell you how many times I was told "just pick them up for two weeks and "see" if they are appropriate or not." Nearly every therapy manager I had was either a PTA or Cota, and had never evaluated a patient for treatment. If your productivity fell below 97 or 98 per cent you were sent home. Horrible company!

Advice to Management

Do what is right for the patient and you might get more loyalty from your employees.

Patient care minutes are more important that the patients.

Former Employee - COTA in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - COTA in Boston, MA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky enough to work with the most ethical, compassionate therapists.

Cons

Focus on productivity, not much time or encouragement for continuing education, 2 years without a raise however productivity standards remain/increase to higher levels, and at current contract end with staff being laid off, HR was absent in transition to new jobs or unemployment.

Advice to Management

You should pay attention to the news around you and make sure that you support ethical treatment of clients, not just more minutes for larger payments. And it is time to recognize, support and pay those who are making the money for you.