Reinsurance Group of America

www.rgare.com

Company is changing too fast with new managers from elsewhere..bringing too much politics.

Someone (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSmart actuaries. Core of the business. Very generous vacation policy. Work is not strenuous. Most people do not work more than 40 hours. A busy week is 50-60 hours.

ConsThey are going to run into some headwinds soon. Support departments such as it, finance and admin are inefficient. Too many new managers with big egos trying to rise to the top. They require 7-8 years experience for analyst jobs.

Too high manager/associate ratio. In some departments its 1 manager per 3 employees. This includes their managers. insane!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire so many people from outside. They are changing the culture of the company for the worse. Specially in technology and admin.

Actuarial Intern

Actuarial Intern (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Reinsurance Group of America as an intern for less than a year

Pros: enhance my software skills, get a better understanding of the… Cons: hard to involve in many projects More

Very comfortable work environment

Applications Development Intern (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

Pros: Professional integrity, job security, like minded hard working people Cons: Nothing comes to mind about any downside. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Reinsurance Group of America.

Worked for Reinsurance Group of America? Contribute to the Community!