Reinsurance Group of America

www.rgare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reinsurance Group of America

actuarial house

I have been working at Reinsurance Group of America

Pros

good at their core business and good to you as long as you are an actuary. great benefit, good company growth.

Cons

you are just a dog if you are not an actuary. no opportunity outside of this field. lack of alignment between business core and the rest of the company

rethink the company as a whole entity moving with all of its services, actuarial and the rest. then only you will get the power of innovation.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Reinsurance Group of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Reinsurance Group of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with RGA for almost 4 years, and have been very happy here. My supervisor is great, pay is great, and the flexibility is great. I feel like a have a good work-life balance. It has been nice to dress casually, although that policy is changing soon to become business-casual (still not too restrictive, though).

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

No opportunities

I worked at Reinsurance Group of America

Pros

Work is great but way too political. Company is financially sound & will be around for years.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement if you do your job well- fail at what you do and you will climb the corporate ladder! They do not respect long-term employees and people only stay because they think they can't make money somewhere else. For an insurance/reinsurance company, benefits are EXPENSIVE. Operations Department needs to change all management for a fresh look at work & no grudges remaining from 10 years ago. They don't care about their people. Look somewhere else for employment!!! Also they don't teach workers about processes - only encourage you to get the job done.

Hire new management to give departments a fresh start. Get rid of processes leftover from General American days!

There are newer employer reviews for Reinsurance Group of America