Relativity Media

www.relativitymediallc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Relativity Media

Good Entertainment Experience

I worked at Relativity Media

Pros

Great environment, lots of snacks, friendly people

Cons

Departments can be a bit disconnected if you don't make an effort to meet everybody

10 Other Employee Reviews for Relativity Media (View Most Recent)

Miserable environment. Terrible company. Do Not Work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Relativity Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch once a month. That's really about it. I dreaded coming to work here every day. The lunch is the only time anyone is happy. Oh, and I guess pay is a dollar or two higher than other places. But at the cost of your soul.

Some employees are nice, but no one is happy and you just feel bad for the good ones stuck in a position they hate.

Cons

Let's start with the basics: they make terrible movies that don't make any money. The CEO's vague moneymaking system claims that these movies are paid for and profitable, despite being terrible and laughable at the box office. They are the joke of Hollywood.

The work environment itself is no better. No one is happy. Everyone gossips. There's such a disconnect between departments. From the joke that is the operations department, to the convoluted legal department, to the totalitarian production department, everything is bad here. You'll also have no life.

HR has no idea what they're doing. Bunch of clowns running that department.

The executives are the typical Hollywood types. Very scary, very mean, won't acknowledge your existence unless they need something. And this is coming from someone with very thick skin.

No matter what you do in your position, people are not satisfied. They fire people constantly for stupid reasons. Low level and higher up. No one is safe.

They continue to hire people even though they are making no money, and they are branching out into other forms of entertainment- dog food, music, sports...it's a red flag because if the company doesn't go under it will become something different. They want to be Google or Viacom, but this will undoubtably implode on itself.

And these are only the horrors I feel safe telling online. Yes. This is the type of company that would come after you if you slander their name.

No room for upper advancement or networking. Everyone is in it for themselves.

I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here.

stop being sociopaths, know that employees have a brain,

Terribly disorganized, chaotic environment.

Former Employee - Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Relativity Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They used to have free lunch every Friday.

Cons

Financially unstable. No culture. Terrible HR.

Give Christmas bonuses on time.

There are newer employer reviews for Relativity Media