reliancestar

Former Intern - Sales Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Sales Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Reliance Trust Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are only a few employees and you would really get to know the company well.

Cons

fast paced, demanding. The internship required constant transitional cold calling.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Do NOT work for this company unless you need a paycheck really badly!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reliance Trust Company

Pros

My department has some nice couple people that I work with but the supervisor has Napoleon complex. He doesn't know how to manage, and in stressful situation, he does more harm than good. He will constantly try emphasize that he is the supervisor. The manager is good. He is laid back and very understanding of your situation. However, he comes into work so late that missed out most of the crap that is going on in the department during the day.

Cons

Everything about the company. They hire the weirdest people to work for them. People with bad personalities and rudeness. Most of these people are not smart at all. Insurance is so expensive for a single person. I bought my own through an outside of the firm. No 401k matching since I have been with the company, 3 years. No raises either for company wide. HR does not care about the employees. Do not believe the job descriptions. It's a bunch of lies. There is an extremely high turn over rate. Employees moral are so low. Everyone I know is trying to leave as fast as they can. No upward mobility. You will not be challenged/inspired in your day-to-day work. It's mindless zombie work. I took this job because I needed a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Management needs class on how to effectively manage your human capital or they should just quit. Let people with some actual skills to run a company.

2. Lackluster

Former Employee - Income Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Income Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Reliance Trust Company

Pros

-eposure to financial services industry -seady pay -flexible in allowing employees take time for personal and educational reasons -did a decent job navigating the recession

Cons

-unfair pay -poor communication -very little feedback on job performance -few career growth opportunities -poor support from management -unchallenging work

Advice to Management

Management must do a better job communicating with its employees, giving feedback and working with its employees to ensure their personal and career goals are met.