There are newer employer reviews for Reliant Energy

sad - safe yourself a headache

Former Contractor - Special Projects Analyst in Houston, TX
Former Contractor - Special Projects Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Reliant Energy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this place.

Cons

The managers, supervisors, coaches, and team leaders are all political. If they don't like you, they will get rid of you. All I can say is please do not waste your time working for this company. They will keep you in the same position for years and not offer you a promotion if they don't like you. I was one of the top salespersons here at this company. I went to luncheons, I won prizes, and all of my co-workers marveled at my performance, and when I moved to my new department my work was often structured, hidden, or deleted. I complained about it to my coach, and her reply was, "What do you want me to do?" My work badge to gain access into the building was deactivated more than once prior to my knowledge causing me to be locked in a hot stinky stairwell. I had to walk up like 5 flights of stairs to gain access back to my floor. By this time, I was sweaty and frustrated. Then, I would get back to my work station and receive an email saying that my badge was deactivated after the fact. When I told my coach that my badge was deactivated causing me wackiness to my morning, she laughed. On top of it all, they will find reasons to not pay you your incentive checks. On my last day of working there, after my supervisor told me I wasn't getting my incentive, she laughed hysterically all morning until the lady from Primary came and escorted me out of the building. I asked her why I was being let go, she said, unprofessionalism. When I applied for unemployment benefits, Reliant had told the unemployment people that I caused a scene, cursed out loud, and that's why they fired me. This is a bold face stupid lie. I didn't curse anyone out or use profanity. Not only will they lie to get what they want, but they will make up stories to hinder you from getting unemployment. Do not waste your time with these jokers. They will make your life a living hell. I constantly suffered from higher blood pressure than normal while working here and they only want to pay you pennies.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and straight up with your employees. Lies are dangerous and could potentially make a situation worse. Treat everyone the same. If you are going to give one employee VRH(voluntary reduced hours) to prevent them from getting attendance points, do it for the next one. Listen! Listen! Listen! Lies are no way to solve an issue.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Reliant Energy job experience review

Former Employee - Ops Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Ops Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Reliant Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big well known company. Lots of diff opportunity

Cons

No work life balance for employees

Advice to Management

Do better

Risk Analyst

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reliant Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of talented people to work with

Cons

Company benefits are not as good as other companies in same industry. Promotions are far and few and not often communicated to the group.