Reliant Energy

www.reliant.com
  www.reliant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reliant Energy

Inexperienced leaders. Too focused on operations vs. driving more business

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Reliant Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pays well. Benefits are okay. People are mostly nice.

Cons

Leadership is like-minded and has been working together for over 10 years. No upward mobility unless you've been at the company for many years. Can't trust leadership to do what's right. Business is not growing and they will have to be in cost-cutting mode for the foreseeable future. No real strategy for the future.

Look outside of the building and see how other companies compete for business. Bring in outside leaders with experience in marketing and driving subscription type services.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Reliant Energy (View Most Recent)

The employees who are the greatest asst to this company.

Former Employee - Key Segment Servicess II - CSA Department in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Key Segment Servicess II - CSA Department in Houston, TX

I worked at Reliant Energy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The employees who work as a team, the profession manner that is expected, the corporate values, the possibility to try new departments in the company. We had a high turn over of supervisor in our department. When a new supervisor came to our group, all people would do their best to bring management up to speed.

Cons

Job security: Reliant Energy was on the verge of bankruptsy. NRG bought our company and before the ink was dried on the contracts, Exelon tried to buy out Nrg. NRG recently purchased Green Mountain. Due to the merger with Green Mountain and Reliant, there were many employees laid off. I did not like how the lay off process was handled from human resource Department. A false hood regarding unemployment was given to each person that was laid off, The lack of integrity from NRG, lessened my respect for this company to some extent.

The success of a company hinges on the success of the employees. Please lead by example that there has to be highest level of integrity. Employees follow the lead of management. Employees do see a person of integrity as a person to follow and attempt to emulate..

I love the people I work with!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reliant Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are awesome to work with. Great environment with many challenges if you're will to take them on.

Cons

Recently acquired by NRG who is continuing to acquire more companies and have seen some layoffs over the past year as a result of the growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Reliant Energy