Remedi SeniorCare

There are newer employer reviews for Remedi SeniorCare

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Pharmacist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Remedi SeniorCare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of hours available to fill holes in schedule.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Management out of touch as there is a lack of long term care experience. Workload is overwhelming and your lucky to get out on time. No comp time or extra pay for extra hours worked. They acquire more facilities without rectifying operation problems. Many temp workers who are inexperienced with long term care are used and is reflected in their quality of work. Alot of good people have left for better jobs.

LISTEN AND ADDRESS THE CONCERNS OF YOUR EMPLOYEES. WAKE UP AND HIRE PEOPLE WITH LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE. ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. PEOPLES LIVES ARE AT STAKE. LOOKOUT FOR LAWSUITS.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Remedi SeniorCare (View Most Recent)

Just Say "NO"!

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Mechanicsville, VA
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Mechanicsville, VA

I worked at Remedi SeniorCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice building. Work areas appropriately furnished for activities performed in that area. Large kitchen and break area.

Cons

Constant complaining in order entry area. Lack of staff in production area. Shifts much longer than what contract describes. No work-life balance. Leadership? What leadership? There are problems getting medications to remote facilities. When the pharmacy manager was told that a crucial medication had not reached a patient who would have to be hospitalized without it, immediate concern was focused on what happen on the delivery end, rather than how to get the medication to the patient. Any option suggested was "not company policy". The patient did not receive the medication.

Huge potential, exciting mission and goals, top technology are in place. Hire people who are healthcare experts in their positions. What is getting lost in all of this is that there is a patient at the end of each medication order, each medication dispensed, each medication NOT sent and there should be accountability.

Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, OH

I worked at Remedi SeniorCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual Dress code, sufficient PTO, very nice location

Cons

The managers were complete polar opposites, on one hand we had some who were amazing bosses that really wanted to see the company and employees succeed and you could tell they cared about the residents. On the other hand, especially in my experience, it was an hostile work environment. We had no HR except in the Maryland office, (that you could never get on the phone). My manager had a new staff every few years because of their behavior. She would get irrationally mad, humiliate myself and coworkers in front of other staff members, and threaten to fire us over minute details, that sometimes weren't even our fault. I went to my coworkers with my concerns and they informed me that even though it was against company policy, if someone in the department would make a complaint with upper management about the way we were being treated, not only did nothing change, but they would actually get punished by getting Vacation/PTO denied. The week I resigned was actually the week we got an HR representative, and we were told not to bother her because she was new. Good timing.
    The company was more interested in making sure they got every nickel and dime than actually caring about the employees well being, which ultimately leads to frustration and more mistakes which could potentially harm patients.
    We were doing the jobs of not only our office but Michigan and Virginia as well, working overtime (while getting in trouble for working over the set hours) just to fix their mistakes.
    I received little to no training, the training program was a joke and was not taken seriously at all, other than protecting the "Intellectual Property" of the Paxit machine.

Put your main focus into your residents and employees, not just the money and "Showcase" pharmacies. Maybe think about having HR in your business to make sure this never happens again. Completely unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for Remedi SeniorCare