Remilon

www.remilon.com
  www.remilon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Remilon

Senior Management Lacks Integrity

I have been working at Remilon

Pros

The home office is in lovely Mountain View, CA

Cons

I worked full-time in the Mountain View headquarters of Remilon for about four months. A few days after having my work verbally described by the company’s president as “perfect,” I was fired by this same person -- the President and co-founder -- with neither severance nor explanation.

In short: the senior leadership here lacks integrity – neither in-office nor remotely should any decent person engage in business with Remilon.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Remilon (View Most Recent)

Smartest group I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Remilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very bright group of people who strive to get things done and are fun to work with
    Ability to have a large impact at the company
    Traffic and revenue continue to grow every year
    We continue to make strides towards making education more accessible

Cons

Management's excitement and passion for the product can limit creativity

Keep up the great work! You have an extremely talented workforce, so continue to make sure you listen to them and allow them to produce.

Low pay

Current Employee - Anonymous in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Remilon as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Work from home
    Editors are always helpful

Cons

I get paid less than minimum wage for a job that seems to require advanced expertise. As a remote content writer, I work from home and am expected to follow detailed guidelines to write and edit articles....however, editors all seem to have additional guidelines of their own, which are explained once articles are evaluated. This would be a decent work from home position if the pay was in line with the quality that is expected. I have worked for this company for more than a year, but at this point, it is not even really worth my time anymore.

Though guidelines say that writers have some control over their work, we really don't. New guidelines and recent company reorganization is meant (I think) to make independent contractors more in compliance with the "having control over one's work" aspect of being a 1099 employee, but editors still seem to think they can script each article, practically word-for-word.

Overall, this job was a good stepping stone for me to get some remote work experience (this was my first work-from-home job), But low pay, lack of byline, 1099 status, no benefits, and picky picky picky editors make this job more trouble than it's worth.

In-house staff seems to be better paid and pretty happy with their jobs though.....Maybe because they get paid a decent wage, have benefits, get to take credit for the content on the site (which is mainly written and edited by peons like me), and have control over their work?

$8/hour is unacceptable for a job that requires (or "prefers") a masters degree. Pay your writers better, get in compliance with 1099 employee guidelines.

There are newer employer reviews for Remilon