Remilon

www.remilon.com
  www.remilon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Remilon

Great company, great support, great opportunity!

Current Employee - Contract Content Creator in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Contract Content Creator in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Remilon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Solid training and support
Hourly pay (vs. per piece)
Advancement opportunities
For entry-level writers, Remilon offers a great opportunity to enhance your resume and overall writing ability.

Cons

Editors sometimes use differing criteria making it difficult to adhere to guidelines.
Submitted articles often take too long before being reviewed by editors. They may send back an article weeks after you've written (and forgotten about) it.
Formatting of articles can be tricky for beginners.

Make it easier to take time off without losing spot in cohort. People need vacations to avoid burn-out.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Remilon (View Most Recent)

Not a good company; not a good place to work

Former Employee - Writer
    Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Remilon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, and... um... honestly, that's about all.

Cons

Read your contract carefully: after being happy with my work for several months, I was unceremoniously and without recourse (or warning) fired for inactivity. I asked some questions (like, how long was I inactive?) and my emails went unanswered. I'm a college professor in the field I was hired to write about and was out of the country doing field work at the time of my firing. Wouldn't you expect them to want the best contributors? Nope, only the fastest and cheapest.

Additionally, editors are inconsistent to an extreme. Feedback is arbitrary and rarely useful; rules change frequently and are difficult to follow. There is little to no opportunity to move up with the company.

I know that it's easy (and cheap) to get writers, but consider getting to know them as people rather than as an anonymous and constantly replenishing work farm.

Good opportunity for entry-level writers

Current Employee - Contract Writer
    Current Employee - Contract Writer

I have been working at Remilon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are flexible, the work is steady and the senior editors are great.

Cons

Training is disorganized. Editors aren't on the same page. Some editors aren't familiar with the guidelines. One editor will mark you off for not doing something, then the next editor will mark you off for doing it.

The pay is crap, and there's not set time for reviews and raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Remilon