Remilon

www.remilon.com

If you have skills, they will burn you out and cut you loose.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Good location. Good perks. Good fellow-employees. Good desks. Your first few months will be awesome. You'll never want to leave.

Cons

Management is awful. They can't manage their way out of a cardboard box. Some have even gone on record as saying "they hate fun". They will get you in by telling you about all the great perks and how their company lifestyle is. Everything will be sunshine and rainbows. They'll tell you to invent new things for them and "be innovative", then as soon as you give them gold, they kick you out the door because they got what they wanted out of you. The HR department will not protect you. You will never get your voice heard. Your ideas will be taken. You will be blindsided by stupidity. If you are smart and like being smart, don't work there. There are better companies out there who will embrace your abilities. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I have no advice I want to share with upper management. You can't advice people like them, only stay away from them.

Other reviews for Remilon

Great company, great support, great opportunity!

Current Employee - Contract Content Creator  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Content Creator in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Solid training and support
    Hourly pay (vs. per piece)
    Advancement opportunities
    For entry-level writers, Remilon offers a great opportunity to enhance your resume and overall writing ability.

Cons

Editors sometimes use differing criteria making it difficult to adhere to guidelines.
    Submitted articles often take too long before being reviewed by editors. They may send back an article weeks after you've written (and forgotten about) it.
    Formatting of articles can be tricky for beginners.

Make it easier to take time off without losing spot in cohort. People need vacations to avoid burn-out.

Not a good company; not a good place to work

Former Employee - Writer
    Former Employee - Writer

Pros

Flexible schedule, and... um... honestly, that's about all.

Cons

Read your contract carefully: after being happy with my work for several months, I was unceremoniously and without recourse (or warning) fired for inactivity. I asked some questions (like, how long was I inactive?) and my emails went unanswered. I'm a college professor in the field I was hired to write about and was out of the country doing field work at the time of my firing. Wouldn't you expect them to want the best contributors? Nope, only the fastest and cheapest.

Additionally, editors are inconsistent to an extreme. Feedback is arbitrary and rarely useful; rules change frequently and are difficult to follow. There is little to no opportunity to move up with the company.

I know that it's easy (and cheap) to get writers, but consider getting to know them as people rather than as an anonymous and constantly replenishing work farm.

There are newer employer reviews for Remilon.

Worked for Remilon? Contribute to the Community!