There are newer employer reviews for Renesas

Test Engineering Intern

Current Employee - Test Engineering Intern  in  Klang (Malaysia)
Current Employee - Test Engineering Intern in Klang (Malaysia)

I have been working at Renesas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There were not much pros for me as I found that the technical nature of the job was very minimal and for an internship I learned very little on the technical side.However, the company does offer some very good incentives to its permanent employees and the work load isn't terribly high.

Cons

It is not located in the best of places.I did my internship at the facility in Telok Panglima Garang.Technical instructions are sent from Japan and the 'engineers' simply carry it out.

Give more ownership of projects to the Malaysian engineers.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Renesas (View Most Recent)

Renesas...potential unrealized.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Renesas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some great technology and potential to be in the top 3 semiconductor vendor in the world.Some talented people working in the company. Great microcontroller products like the xx850 product lines. After the merger, the Renesas have a good collection of IP and talent pool.(Unfortunately the opposite applies). It has a strong global presence and would benefit utilizing the strenghts of each region.

Cons

Unfortunately after the last merger, it lacking cohesion and synergy. Have/had some really talented employees but alot of them over worked and undervalued. Some of the best have left and work load is speadout among those remaining. Employee's professional development,career path and investment in training is poor. Management is top heavy, internal politics, obsession with achieving short term budgets is sapping morale and company resources. Leadership???

Leadership...not just management. Empower your employees. Value(listen) their opinions and trust in them to do the right thing for the company.

Best working place

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Pulau Pinang (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pulau Pinang (Malaysia)

I have been working at Renesas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Given a chance to show your innovative, talent and thoughts to grow with this Multi National Company.

Cons

Have to be "stand alone" sometimes and have to access to information on your own !!!

Once you reach the "top" level, please remember to TT your knowledge and skills to the young Engineers/Management staffs.

There are newer employer reviews for Renesas

Worked for Renesas? Contribute to the Community!