Renown Regional Medical Center

www.renown.org

Very goal orientated, medium sized hospital, friendly staff

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Reno, NV
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Reno, NV

Pros

Staff is very friendly (other than supervisors). Flexible work hours and good benefits. Benefits start after 90 days. ER is small and easy to navigate through.

Cons

ER is too small for this size of a city. Communication and planning between floors/towers can sometimes not suffice.

Other reviews for Renown Regional Medical Center

Could be better.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Reno, NV

Pros

Renown offers flexible schedules and is in an amazing location for the outdoor enthusiast. I have had great co-workers in all the areas I have worked. Reno is an interesting place and you'll therefore have interesting clients. The pace is varied and depends on the time of year. Though there are some repetitive aspects to the work it is generally fresh and there's always something new to learn.

Cons

Management can be less than supportive in many instances and grievances can be touchy to file as one might be accused of lying. We definitely don't have the supplies we need at our fingertips sometimes and other departments are generally as short-staffed as you are thus creating a lot of waiting.

I think people need to stop saying, "If you don't like it LEAVE." People should be encouraged to voice their dissatisfaction with their job and should be given encouragement to be involved in making changes.

Deal breakers

Former Employee - HIM  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - HIM in Reno, NV

Pros

My co-workers were a lot of fun

Cons

Lousy pay, no merit raises, incentives or room for advancement. Outdated poorly working office equipment. For a hospital it was pretty dirty like violating health code dirty

Don't lie to your staff, appreciate them or they won't stick around. When important goals are set and met, reward them. Even a pat on the back with "good job" is sometimes enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Renown Regional Medical Center.

Worked for Renown Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!