There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

Not a good company to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've met some really cool co-workers and they pay weekly (though the pay is AWFUL)

Cons

Too much work for such little pay! You're a salesperson, debt collector, marketing agent, credit adviser, which includes verifying employment, verifying residency and reference checks; a clerical administrator, which includes, typing up rental agreements, sending out legal and demand letters, documenting payments and payment arrangements, and making bank deposits just to name a FEW!!! The training is done by someone who wasn't trained well and senior management is a
JOKE! The computer system is from the 80's and their ethics are embarrassing (God help me)

TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reviews filtered by

Great Money Horrible Work Environment

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Statesville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Statesville, NC

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Money, something new everyday, always something to do

Cons

Extremely long work days. They push getting your credit numbers and Saturday is the most important day to try and get all payment from customers. My longest day there was from 8:30 am until right after midnight. Safety procedures for lifting furniture are not always followed. They re-sale their mattress's and want you to lie to the customers and say they have been sent off to be cleaned when they never are. Repossessing furniture is never fun and sometimes heart breaking ie children's bunk beds a and fridges.

More respect for employees, actual lunch breaks and not just eating on the road

2. 6 days a week

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Pay and could be a fun place to work.

Cons

Being made to work 6 days a week and not having time to spend with my young children and being too tired on Sundays.

Be a little more on the ball in hiring instead of making employees work 6 days a week for months on end and overtime on top of that because people do have families they enjoy spending time with.

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center