There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

ungrateful

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

job stability, over time, no sundays

Cons

not good raises, unrealistic goals

Advice to Management

pay more to bilinguals

reviews filtered by

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working here was great, people on this website like to whine about 48-55 hours a week but they pay you time and a half for anything over 40 hours, do you people not like money? With the way the economy is I took the job and worked my butt off and smiled. They could definitely afford to pay more but that will be discussed in the Cons section.

This job is like any other, if you have good leadership your time at RaC will be great, if you have bad leadership your time will suck. The one thing I did notice is that ALL managers who give a crap did take everything any employee suggested and really tried to work it out with the higher ups, they do listen and they do try to help all employees.

I left this job, but only because a better paying one was available.

Cons

There aren't too many Cons to this job (if you are a hard worker and not a whiny crybaby). The one thing that sucks is trying to collect money from people who are broke, if they have no money for rent, their 55" plasma tv bill is the least of their worries. Also chasing after skips/stolen accounts is a hassle but you get paid for it so it's whatever. Honestly for the work you do and for how profitable this company is, they could easily bump your pay about 3-4$ an hour and still make billions.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap, pay your employees a batter wage, you can afford it you greedy scumbags.

assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay is so and so, 10 hours overtime ,instead of working 2 jobs, every sunday off

Cons

raises not good , never a saturday off, i missed out a lot of quality time with my child because of that, expectations are unrealistic with this bad economy,

Advice to Management

we deserve more than 18 cents per raise , especially us latinos that speak 2 languages, i now we deserve better than that, stop being ungrateful ,we do spend more time making you rich than spending time with our family

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center