Rent-A-Center
www.rentacenter.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Want family time? HA! Get another job.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Duncan, OK

ProsSunday off
Pretty good dental coverage
Pretty good vision insurance
Possible to meet some nice/interesting people in the line of doing normal business

ConsHorrible hours (8 am to 9 pm on multiple occasions)
Mostly 50+ hours a week for a lot of employees
No family life at all!!!
Sick? Too bad, you get 2 "sick days" and God forbid you use them. I had strep throat 2 months in a row and COULD NOT take more than a day off at a time (we all know it takes more than a day to get over strep)
I was a manager at one time and I had a 6 month period where I only got Sunday off. I couldn't take my other day off during the week because we hadn't hit our expectations.
If you ever make someone above you feel like you're after their job then you should really start looking for another job because they will do EVERYTHING to make you quit.
It doesn't take more than a month or so to start getting burned out. When I was first hired, I worked 8 months on a 3 person crew when we were supposed to have a 5 person crew. It's hard enough when there's one person out for one day much less having 2 people gone for MONTHS.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over this "number" thing. Hire more than your standard 5 person crew to work your 50 hour weeks. There is a lot of room to have a couple of part time employees. You pretend to care about the well-being of your employees but it's a LIE. You need to reevaluate that.

race to the top at any cost

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: decent health coverage without a union Cons: middle management creates unnecessary stress and creates there own company… Advice to Senior Management: treat your customers and employees with respect, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You must drink the Kool-Aid

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Lowell, MA

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: decent wage for retail no sundays (for now) not commission based Cons: I last worked for RAC 6 months ago, but I gave them 5 years of my life. By that I mean working at RAC literally… Advice to Senior Management: Advice to management: try treating the employees with a modicum of respect. Advice to current employees: there are jobs out… More
There are newer reviews on Rent-A-Center.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees.