There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

Want family time? HA! Get another job.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Duncan, OK
Former Employee - Store Manager in Duncan, OK

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sunday off
Pretty good dental coverage
Pretty good vision insurance
Possible to meet some nice/interesting people in the line of doing normal business

Cons

Horrible hours (8 am to 9 pm on multiple occasions)
Mostly 50+ hours a week for a lot of employees
No family life at all!!!
Sick? Too bad, you get 2 "sick days" and God forbid you use them. I had strep throat 2 months in a row and COULD NOT take more than a day off at a time (we all know it takes more than a day to get over strep)
I was a manager at one time and I had a 6 month period where I only got Sunday off. I couldn't take my other day off during the week because we hadn't hit our expectations.
If you ever make someone above you feel like you're after their job then you should really start looking for another job because they will do EVERYTHING to make you quit.
It doesn't take more than a month or so to start getting burned out. When I was first hired, I worked 8 months on a 3 person crew when we were supposed to have a 5 person crew. It's hard enough when there's one person out for one day much less having 2 people gone for MONTHS.

Get over this "number" thing. Hire more than your standard 5 person crew to work your 50 hour weeks. There is a lot of room to have a couple of part time employees. You pretend to care about the well-being of your employees but it's a LIE. You need to reevaluate that.

476 Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center (View Most Recent)

race to the top at any cost

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

decent health coverage without a union

Cons

middle management creates unnecessary stress and creates there own company policies to succeed and get promoted.

treat your customers and employees with respect,

A good place to learn.

Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with decent benefits. Looks good on a resume. You get to learn how to hire people constantly.

Cons

Constant management change over. Delinquency issues, always chasing a number. The job itself is a lifestyle and not a career move. You must enjoy being a number and not an individual.

Understand your people are a commodity. Stop the constant threat of being replaceable. Accept that the product is geared toward people who normally are slow payers or won't pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center