Rent-A-Center

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

Tough job to say the least !! Very unappreciated

Current Employee - CAR in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - CAR in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement at times

Cons

No time with family, no weekends off, high demand work loads

Structure a bonus for all employees, rotate weekends off . Lessen the hours working

512 Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center (View Most Recent)

Longest, yet worst job ive ever had!

Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, decent health dental coverage, employee purchases, off Sundays

Cons

Worst work schedule ever... I was told latest we work is 8pm and 7pm on Saturdays.... I work daily till 9-945 pm, Pray you or your family doesnt have any emergencies because you wont be able to tend to them or dont plan to attend any family/school events without being threatened of losing your job.The company mission is sooo NOT true! How does rent a center define quality way of life for co-workers. Company recently bragged about its 3billion dollars it made last year.... what about the people who did alot to bring in that revenue?. Why not throw them a bone? Something?? No incentives whatsoever working at rentacenter.

Rotate saturdays, follow an accurate work schedule, monthly or quarterly incentives for the dedicated employees who do so much to contribute to rent a centers success.

Want family time? HA! Get another job.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Duncan, OK
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Duncan, OK

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sunday off
    Pretty good dental coverage
    Pretty good vision insurance
    Possible to meet some nice/interesting people in the line of doing normal business

Cons

Horrible hours (8 am to 9 pm on multiple occasions)
    Mostly 50+ hours a week for a lot of employees
    No family life at all!!!
    Sick? Too bad, you get 2 "sick days" and God forbid you use them. I had strep throat 2 months in a row and COULD NOT take more than a day off at a time (we all know it takes more than a day to get over strep)
    I was a manager at one time and I had a 6 month period where I only got Sunday off. I couldn't take my other day off during the week because we hadn't hit our expectations.
    If you ever make someone above you feel like you're after their job then you should really start looking for another job because they will do EVERYTHING to make you quit.
    It doesn't take more than a month or so to start getting burned out. When I was first hired, I worked 8 months on a 3 person crew when we were supposed to have a 5 person crew. It's hard enough when there's one person out for one day much less having 2 people gone for MONTHS.

Get over this "number" thing. Hire more than your standard 5 person crew to work your 50 hour weeks. There is a lot of room to have a couple of part time employees. You pretend to care about the well-being of your employees but it's a LIE. You need to reevaluate that.

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center