Rent-A-Center
www.rentacenter.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

honest review

Acct Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRAC gives people the opportunity who either have no credit or bad credit an option to pay weekly, biweekly, or monthly for mdse. They have a wide selection of mdse including top of the line cpus, tvs, lvrm, bdrm, and mattresses.

For me, I worked in the best store in the district I was located in. Unlike credit card companies, rac does not work with credit but instead works one on one with customers. This is good because you get to know your customers and their families very well. The people and the quality of new mdse are pros of working there. The option of buying mdse at 15% above cost is a major perk of working there.

RAC provided me with brand new furniture, a tv, a cpu, a table, and a new washer and dryer. They also helped me rent an apt, and buy a car. If I didnt have that job, I wouldnt have any of that.

ConsRAC is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of work place. It doesnt matter what you did last year, last month, last week, or even yesterday. They care about what you are doing today to control your deliveries, SMRR, and collections. Some of the stores did illegal activities to control their collections but mine did not. We did things mostly by the book.

Another con of the job is the mdse you pick up from people. Id say 5% of the customers have roaches or bed bugs. Roaches are a common site in the truck and I used hundreds of roach bombs to kill them. Although my boss was hard on me and my other coworkers, I have a lot of respect for him. He is not one to throw you under the bus like other people in the co would.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my opinion, they need to focus more on what their "mission statement" which in my opinion is a joke. RAC doesnt care about the quality of life for their customers. They co cares more about hitting collection and sales #s than their actual customers. I loved my coworkers and customers but I speak the truth. Anyone who worked there for any length of time would be able to tell you that.

My experience was bad and scary.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time

Pros: there are no pros to this job Cons: Don't have family time, working late till 8 pm or sometimes later. Requesting time off for the week end is not going to happen. This… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees including the CARs as human and not numbers. Everyone at the store level have families and need to be treated as so.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Longest, yet worst job ive ever had!

Credit Manager (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Weekly pay, decent health dental coverage, employee purchases, off Sundays Cons: Worst work schedule ever... I was told latest we work is 8pm and 7pm on Saturdays.... I work daily till 9-945 pm, Pray you… Advice to Senior Management: Rotate saturdays, follow an accurate work schedule, monthly or quarterly incentives for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Rent-A-Center.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rent-A-Center CEO Mark E. Speese. All reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees.