Rent-A-Center

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

Truths of Rent A Center

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rapid advancement, decent pay, lots of expericenes. Every day is an adventure as no two days are ever a like.

Cons

Very long work hours 10+ a day as a regular employee. Now move to store manager and 60-65 hours a week are the norm. Keeps adding more and more of a workload to an already overloaded schedule. Running a credit department, sales department, telemarketing department and keeping track of all accounts daily is a bit much with the sale every other week that they do. Upper management wanting references to be entered into a telemarketing site and calling several times and leaving messages if they dont answer

Remember what it was like to be in a store and how stressful it is. Try to remember that the hours we work are already killing our families. Upper management needs to go to grunt hours and realize just how hard it is to have a family when you see them 2 hours a night before bed and 0 hours if you have young children.

505 Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center (View Most Recent)

Longest, yet worst job ive ever had!

Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, decent health dental coverage, employee purchases, off Sundays

Cons

Worst work schedule ever... I was told latest we work is 8pm and 7pm on Saturdays.... I work daily till 9-945 pm, Pray you or your family doesnt have any emergencies because you wont be able to tend to them or dont plan to attend any family/school events without being threatened of losing your job.The company mission is sooo NOT true! How does rent a center define quality way of life for co-workers. Company recently bragged about its 3billion dollars it made last year.... what about the people who did alot to bring in that revenue?. Why not throw them a bone? Something?? No incentives whatsoever working at rentacenter.

Rotate saturdays, follow an accurate work schedule, monthly or quarterly incentives for the dedicated employees who do so much to contribute to rent a centers success.

Tough job to say the least !! Very unappreciated

Current Employee - CAR in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - CAR in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement at times

Cons

No time with family, no weekends off, high demand work loads

Structure a bonus for all employees, rotate weekends off . Lessen the hours working

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center