Rent-A-Center
www.rentacenter.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Longest, yet worst job ive ever had!

Credit Manager (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

ProsWeekly pay, decent health dental coverage, employee purchases, off Sundays

ConsWorst work schedule ever... I was told latest we work is 8pm and 7pm on Saturdays.... I work daily till 9-945 pm, Pray you or your family doesnt have any emergencies because you wont be able to tend to them or dont plan to attend any family/school events without being threatened of losing your job.The company mission is sooo NOT true! How does rent a center define quality way of life for co-workers. Company recently bragged about its 3billion dollars it made last year.... what about the people who did alot to bring in that revenue?. Why not throw them a bone? Something?? No incentives whatsoever working at rentacenter.

Advice to Senior ManagementRotate saturdays, follow an accurate work schedule, monthly or quarterly incentives for the dedicated employees who do so much to contribute to rent a centers success.

Want family time? HA! Get another job.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Duncan, OK

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Sunday off Pretty good dental coverage Pretty good vision insurance Possible to meet… Cons: Horrible hours (8 am to 9 pm on multiple occasions) Mostly 50+ hours a week for a lot of employees No family life at all!!! Sick? Too bad,… Advice to Senior Management: Get over this "number" thing. Hire more than your standard 5 person crew to work your 50 hour weeks. There is a lot of room… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

race to the top at any cost

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: decent health coverage without a union Cons: middle management creates unnecessary stress and creates there own company… Advice to Senior Management: treat your customers and employees with respect, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rent-A-Center.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees.