There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

Good Hard work Life Ballance

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, in 5 years i worked my way from account manager to a Store Manager. I came from a very prestigious store.

Cons

Very hard work to life ballance. Working from 8am to 7 or 8pm 5 days a week. Saturdays is suppose to be your early day, but that depends on how your numbers are.

Stick more to improving the life or our co workers and our customers. Not what did you do for me today.

476 Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center (View Most Recent)

Depends on Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Reidsville, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Reidsville, NC

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Chance for advancement, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

You do NOT have a life outside of Rent A Center. The hours are usually 50-60 a week and they are from 9-10am till 7-9pm at nite so they are the hours when your family are in need of your time that you can't give them. If you have a good manager and I did at the last store I worked at, they will work with you to allow some time needed for important times such as graduations, family reunions and such. I have been a store manager and I stepped down to assistant manager because the money was not worth the the stress that upper management puts on you to meet those almighty numbers!! By sat nite you MUST be at a 5.9 on credit and I believe a 20.0 opening for monday morning. Really high pressure to meet those numbers. Also must be "up" on the week in sales. I can remember times I could have met my credit goal but my DM would not let me because then I would have been "down" on the week in sales Crazy.....You rent it and you chase it...name of the game. On the same note tho, there are alot of good customers that are just down on their luck and pay really well and you get close to them as they are in the store every week making their payments. Rent to own gets inyour blood and I have to say I miss the business, just not the hours or the stress.

I know from doing the profit & loss and looking at what Rent A Center's profits yearly that there has to be another less stressful way to motivate managers. Ya'll make plenty of money so that is NOT the problem. Push them pencils some and come of with a better CORE Plan and BTW, the CORE plan you already have....follow it. Respect your employess and you may stop some of that turn over.

I worked at Rent-A-Center

Pros

It's a job, If you work as an account manager in credit (Repo) then you get to spend alot of time on the truck , which is better than being in store.

Cons

Taking people stuff that they have paid 3 times the amount for over several years,all because they are late one payment. Going into bad neighborhoods, and run down buildings with no elevator, delivering or repoing a complete apartment full of heavy furniture. Getting cussed out on the phone by customers that you are ripping off. I could go on forever....

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center