Rent-A-Center

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

From Entry Level to Store Manger

Current Employee - Store Manager in Brunswick, GA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good health benefits, no hour shortage.

Cons

Long Hours, No life balance, Micro-Management,

Take your managers into consideration when you refuse to allow them any personal time while you never have to work a store. We know we are expected to strive for this company yet we never get congratulations for success, only a slap on the wrist for not doing more. I have not taken a sick/personal day in over three years and have increased my stores profit margin by over 78% in 12 months and still not making any bonus with the new bonus structure to make it worth working 60 hours a week on salary.

505 Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center (View Most Recent)

No home life, Over worked and underpaid, and doesn't follow their motto/core values!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get paid weekly, always paid on time without problems, 401k, and thats about it I had to put something here.

Cons

Store managers work 50+ hrs per week but are only paid for 40 hrs, never get your day off every week so you end up working 6 days a week with only Sunday off. Work hours are 9am-7pm but you are always made to work til 8pm and sometimes 9pm with NO notice at all. You can never spend time with your family since you have almost no time off, relationships suffer greatly (most end), scheduling vacation time has to be done 30days in advance (ok not that bad) BUT your district manager can make you change your vacation at any time with no notice but they still require us to give 30 days notice thats crap! You win paid days off but can never take them because the district manager throws up so many road blocks in order to take one you give up asking. You have to deal with horrible health environments by delivering to some of the most disgusting place ever that are infested with all types of bugs and who knows what else. Upper management doesn't care when you tell them a living room is infested or soaked with urine and feces and needs to be burned, you are STILL made to expose yourself to it and pick it up then bring it back to the store.
    Upper management loves to threaten your job almost daily to get you to work harder but they dont realize its the opposite effect. This company along with upper management needs to actually care about their employees and what they ask them to do on a daily basis, motivate them, and support them. Until the district and upper management in this company can motivate their employees through something other then threats of termination, and stand by their employees this company will never have happy employees that actually look forward to going to work.

Support your employees, embrace and truely live by your motto and core values, do not attempt to inspire employees through threats of termination or demotion, do not make employees come in on their day off, do not deny or make employees change their vacation, and appreciate some of the houses and conditions that your empolyees have to go into and some of the "nasty nothing but gas and a match should touch it" furniture that they are made to deal with on a daily basis.

CAR

I have been working at Rent-A-Center

Pros

RTO people are a diffrent breed of people. My store is great we all get along and we are always joking around.

Cons

No Commission or Bouns other than that its ok.

Fear Management is not a good thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center