There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

store manager of rent a center

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

helping customers out when they need it, great work enviroment, good benefits, competitive salary and quick promotions.

Cons

hours can be long if you are not performing. It can be stressful at times.

reviews filtered by

Honestly, this place is a joke

Former Employee - Professional Mid Career Level in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Professional Mid Career Level in Plano, TX

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is experiencing such a bad place, I can now appreciate companies with great cultures that much more.

Cons

It's basically a my way or the highway organization. Very micro managed. There is no exposure or opportunity for anyone under the manager level. People are constantly leaving due to the lack of quality leaders in the organization. I've seen more than one Manager leave after just a few weeks on the job. When you consistently see this, you have to ask yourself is this a place I really want to work?

Also, HR (I was not part of HR) has absolutely no say in the organization. If you have an issue or problem (and I saw several during my time there), the person at the higher level will always win because they take care of their own.

I've thought about taking this company off my resume because it has such a bad reputation in the area. I have found it a lot harder finding another job because people are scared you will bring in all the bad things they have heard go on here.

Benefits are also really expensive. They're more than double what I have paid anywhere else.

At some point you have to look at yourselves as the problem, not the employees who continually leave. You have plenty of "managers", but no real "leaders".

unbelievable...plantation

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

some co workers are cool. The overtime is how they get you

Cons

managers steal your sales even though you have a quota. unprofessional managers, that don't train you properly, then blame you when they get in hot water.also you are required to get 10 sales a week as an assistant...that is all the district want..."those D" . They have contest that...forces things to be done, that shouldn't be done...each week. with no commission

get a real trainer to train assistants, not a manager to train...who is scared they are going to loose their job...and don't want to train their replacement. all your manager are stressed out either because of sales quota or because customers don't wanna' pay on time. Find a better system that works...it is sad...people come to rentacenta thinking it is a excellent opportunity...and they just get dogged the whole time...while upper management turn their heads...? good people are assets and should be treated like that...not dogged and unprotected, dehumanized...and ...

There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center