There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

The Edwardsville,PA store is like working in a high school clique.

Current Employee - Customer Account Representative in Edwardsville, PA
Current Employee - Customer Account Representative in Edwardsville, PA

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better than average wages and benefits.

Cons

The management team is sorely in need of people skills training. How the store manager got his position is a mystery.

Advice to Management

The management needs diversity and people skills training.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. What were Aikman and Hogan thinking??

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fairborn, OH

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll definitely stay in shape and you'll never be bored. Always lots to do

Cons

Contrary to others that haved apparently sipped the Kool Aid, Advancement opps with this company are almost non-existant to some(me). Mainly interested in numbers. Will re-rent to people that have NO business being customers. People that have 10+ days late numerous days, have been picked up, charged off, this store will still re-rent to them

Honestly, this place is a joke

Former Employee - Professional Mid Career Level in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Professional Mid Career Level in Plano, TX

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is experiencing such a bad place, I can now appreciate companies with great cultures that much more.

Cons

It's basically a my way or the highway organization. Very micro managed. There is no exposure or opportunity for anyone under the manager level. People are constantly leaving due to the lack of quality leaders in the organization. I've seen more than one Manager leave after just a few weeks on the job. When you consistently see this, you have to ask yourself is this a place I really want to work? Also, HR (I was not part of HR) has absolutely no say in the organization. If you have an issue or problem (and I saw several during my time there), the person at the higher level will always win because they take care of their own. I've thought about taking this company off my resume because it has such a bad reputation in the area. I have found it a lot harder finding another job because people are scared you will bring in all the bad things they have heard go on here. Benefits are also really expensive. They're more than double what I have paid anywhere else.

Advice to Management

At some point you have to look at yourselves as the problem, not the employees who continually leave. You have plenty of "managers", but no real "leaders".