Rent-A-Center
www.rentacenter.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

High pay, high stress. Will Challenge your ethics and morals.

Customer Account Representative (Current Employee)
Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is $10.25 starting with minimum 48 hour schedules. The company Promotes quickly, and the Benefits are very nice.

ConsAll jobs at rent a center are very high stress and ask more of you than most people can handle. The program they give you will not allow for success. You WILL be challenged to bend and break your own moral and ethical standards, as well as certain legal measures. All positions are overburdened frequently and the structure of the business does not allow for extra people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the Customer Account representatives from the store. Get a District wide delivery center which will be maintained by the CARs and have only your salesmen, credit manager, and Store Manager in store. These 3 people almost never see the field anyhow, so why not make the CARs only preform deliveries and runs while the staff in-store deals with payments, call through, and customers. The business model is succeeding with growth, but in the long run Aaron's business model will provide them with the tools and income to succeed due to having part time employees as well as dedicated positions vs. everyone gets sales.

Very high pressure

Store (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good money, lots of different learning opportunities regarding customer service,… Cons: The company has very high expectations for collections goals and sales quotas. They have a very ridgid way of doing things that is not… Advice to Senior Management: The RTO type customer will pay millions of dollars for an item if it is on a very attractive weekly price. Instead of providing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overworked and underpaid

Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly coworkers Very profitable business Job sercuritY Cons: Absolutely no work life balance very hard to get any days off Very questionable business pratices… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your coworkers and work with helping people more rather then squeezing 4x more money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Rent-A-Center.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rent-A-Center CEO Mark E. Speese. All reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees.