Instability

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

- some good people - pretty light atmosphere - perks - snacks - massages - occasional happy hours - varied responsibilities

Cons

- weak processes - micromanagement - high turnover - instability - in staff - in direction / initiatives - low loyalty to staff - disconnection between levels of staff

Advice to Management

Communication and understanding of daily duties and responsibilities between levels of staff was almost non-existent. Highest levels of management expected everything out of the "lowest" rung and the highest dedication while seeming aloof and often times completely absent from the office. Was a frustrating atmosphere by the end. It could have turned around since my departure. I have not had much communication with the company since, although I know most of my former co-workers are still there.

Other Employee Reviews for Rentbits.com

1. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

rentbits has a very strong culture. They believe and live their core values every day. Some for the great things they offer are: - Massages - Ping Pong - snacks - stock options - Happy Hours - TGIF - Great team members

Cons

- Would like to see 100% of the healthcare paid for - Keep the free snacks stocked - Doesn't offer full 1 hour massages but would be nice

Advice to Management

I started working for rentbits.com when it was Rent Marketer. There were no stock options offered at all when I started but management decided to offer them to every single employee. New and existing. This is something no other company I have worked for ever offered. For that I am grateful. Being in a fast growing start-up means you cannot be afraid of change or growth. rentbits offers both. Their culture is unique to the Denver area with a lot of benefits including free massages every two weeks, ping pong, foosball, wii, spur of the moment happy hours, revenue transparency meetings, etc. Advice to management would be to continue to grow at a fast pace while keeping the culture in place. Sometimes the free snacks (which we all appreciate) need to be stocked more often. However, we as employees need to let everyone know what they want and when it is low.

Rentbits Warning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

Laid back Good employees Ping Pong table

Cons

Low pay Weak benefits Illusion of stock options Illusion of job security Poor management Free snacks are not kept stocked

Advice to Management

My advice to all looking for employment at rentbits is to be careful. rentbits talked me into taking less pay than the market offered because of a strong office culture and stock options at a quickly growing online company. The reality was I never got my papers for stock options and was amazed with the lack of communication between members of management. rentbits uses office culture as a way to encourage retention without having to pay for it but offer no loyalty to their employees. I and three others were unexpectedly let go without warning or explanation. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!