Rentrak

www.rentrak.com
  www.rentrak.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rentrak

Working at Rentrak is exhilarating and challenging.

I have been working at Rentrak

Pros

It's an exciting company "inventing new science" in audience measurement. I get to work with many smart, engaged, enthusiastic people every day.

Cons

We are faced with many marketplace pressures and have to work above and beyond to get the job done. Prioritization can be a challenge.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Rentrak (View Most Recent)

An excellent place to work, especially for Software Engineering

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Rentrak full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rentrak is a great place to work. You work on interesting problems with cool data and awesome people. Management treats employees with respect. Even C level officers are happy to make time to discuss ideas and projects with engineers.

The work environment is fantastic, with great fringe benefits. The people are amazing; the whole of IT has brilliant people who are also very friendly and willing to help. Excellent work life balance. Good perks for Senior Engineers and higher.

Senior management has done an excellent job moving the company with the market and anticipating where business needs to go.

Cons

Salary and benefits are only adequate, though they've both been improving lately. 401(k) is OK. 3 weeks of PTO (to start) includes your sick time. Medical was slightly below what I'd expect.

There's a fair amount of issues related to being a rapidly growing company. Expanding bureaucracy and change issues. While those are annoying, they are at least being addressed by management.

You hire top notch people, spend the money and resources to keep them.

Work harder towards making systems that should be legacy into actual legacy systems. Software Development is dramatically slowed by the mountain of legacy code. Longer term strategic development in engineering would really pay dividends.

Try to streamline the bureaucracy a bit.

Software Intern

Current Employee - Software Intern in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Intern in Portland, OR

I have been working at Rentrak as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company interesting problems great work environment employees have lives and are no just bound to work. I really like it, I can't say much for the culture at the NY office but Portland is great. I am an intern and being able to ask the dumb questions is a big deal for me, the people there are a great help and always down to help me. I think the people their are some of the most friendly people to work with. Would recommend this company to my friends in a heartbeat.

Cons

I don't really see any sort of cons to working at Rentrak I really enjoy the work-life balance and just about everything I think there is a lot of room for personal growth at Rentrak. You should take everything I say with a grain of salt though I am just an intern and perhaps haven't seen all there is it see.

There are newer employer reviews for Rentrak