There are newer employer reviews for Republic Airways

Republic Airways, a view from the inside out!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

the employees are great to work with, the 2 flight attendants per flight makes it a great work enviornment.

Cons

Lack of communication from management, pilot (captain egos).

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to the thought that life does happen outside of work and there are emergencies with family and yes, friends. Allow employees to take accumulated time off when needed. Get involved in the job....walk a mile in my shoes at work and at home. Give feedback to employees, take the time to say good job and if someone is not doing a good job and multiple reports on "bad" employees should be taken as given, senior mgmt needs to listen when we speak. Safety is our first priority and they should again listen when we tell them someone is a flight risk....

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Airways

1. Come work for us.

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Up and coming Regional Airline of the Year 2008, many flight benefits and lots of good times and fun to be had during employment. We are small but big at the same time, our company is broken into three different certificates which allows us to accomodate different airlines and different requirements to our customers weather you are asking us for a charter or a major asking us to fly routes for you. The compnay as a whole is well kept and the buildings are in good condition.

Cons

Hours, we work some off hours but could be good for traveling during rush hour.

Advice to Management

training Training training

2. A great place to start a career as an airline pilot.

Current Employee - First Officer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - First Officer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Potential for flexible schedules for senior employes (10 + years). Potential for substantial vacation time for senior employees (10 + years). Once past six years, offer a very competitive 401k match. Strong leadership from the executive office.

Cons

Very good potential for very inflexible and over-worked schedules. Very poor management from the middle and lower ranks. Incompentent would accurately describe anything below executive managment.

Advice to Management

Place more competent individuals withing middle management.