There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Could be a lot better..

Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Close to home, I met a lot of good guys..

Cons

No respect for the work being done, favortism, lack of communication, pay, benefits etc.

Get the right management, reward your employees not treat them like slaves!!! Why is it that Don Slager makes 3.6 million a year 14.1 million after stock options, payouts etc. Upon his death his family would receive 23 million dollars.!! Last year Republic made 591 million in profit but yet had told our division there would be no cookouts, no Christmas party because the company did not make a profit.. Oh and just a Fyi you know what we get for a Christmas bonus? Absolutely nothing a big goose egg. We work our butts off day in and day out to make Republic Services money without us Republic would be nothing. Some guys go to work stressed, depressed because of family situations, health etc.maybe Don Slaver should do an episode of undercover boss then he would feel and respect all the hard work that us as employees give to the company. I could ho on forever of giving advice, giving them ideas on how to grow as a company, but I ask myself why? What has this company done for us besides pay us for the work we are getting paid to do.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fulfilling and rewarding career opportunity.

Former Employee - Commercial Frontend Driver in Capitol Heights, MD
    Former Employee - Commercial Frontend Driver in Capitol Heights, MD

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The salary, benefits, chance for equal growth, and knowledge of the refuse industry.

Cons

The complexity of the routes with no room for error (ex. truck breaking down) routes still have to be picked up with limited to no help.

Break down the routes to keep drivers within a safe operating level and reduce driver error.

2. good experience

Current Employee - Trainee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Trainee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good benefits, opportunity to grow

Cons

they will release you if it can save them money like any other company

create a environment that encourage employees more instead of having them fear management

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services