Republic Services

Could be a lot better..

Current Employee - Driver  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Close to home, I met a lot of good guys..

Cons

No respect for the work being done, favortism, lack of communication, pay, benefits etc.

Get the right management, reward your employees not treat them like slaves!!! Why is it that Don Slager makes 3.6 million a year 14.1 million after stock options, payouts etc. Upon his death his family would receive 23 million dollars.!! Last year Republic made 591 million in profit but yet had told our division there would be no cookouts, no Christmas party because the company did not make a profit.. Oh and just a Fyi you know what we get for a Christmas bonus? Absolutely nothing a big goose egg. We work our butts off day in and day out to make Republic Services money without us Republic would be nothing. Some guys go to work stressed, depressed because of family situations, health etc.maybe Don Slaver should do an episode of undercover boss then he would feel and respect all the hard work that us as employees give to the company. I could ho on forever of giving advice, giving them ideas on how to grow as a company, but I ask myself why? What has this company done for us besides pay us for the work we are getting paid to do.

195 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Disgusted in Virginia

Current Employee - Manager  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

salary benefits Most hourly employees and drivers are good people good friends

Cons

sales managers do not have experience to deal with customers or employees it all about sales quotas. If they loose some customers they raise the price on AAA plus customers Republics idea is that triple A customers will pay without looking at or thinking about it they will just pay..This is to make things look good to stock holders. Do not go to HR you will loose your job within a week didn't happen to me but to one of our sales Reps. reason for her dismissal was she made a thirty dollar mistake on a contract HA Ha Everyone of us has made bigger mistakes than that. I am not a member of sales I am just setting back and watching. This is not right. This was all overseen by Regional Manager. Sales manager is also partial to male sales people they get better pricing for potential new customers not given to female reps. No help given to female reps to help them reach their goals

Start paying attention to your customer and employees your employees make the business not you we make or break a company admit mistakes and do something about them this could be a great company but they always blame someone or something else Bill Gates a major stock holder should pay attention to what is actually going on maybe its not worth what you think !

Not much movement

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Management support; some nice people to work with; continuous community involvement.

Cons

Not much upward movement; some lateral

Pay attention to the in-house talent and help them get to the next level if they have earned it.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Worked for Republic Services? Contribute to the Community!