Could be a lot better..

Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Close to home, I met a lot of good guys..

Cons

No respect for the work being done, favortism, lack of communication, pay, benefits etc.

Advice to Management

Get the right management, reward your employees not treat them like slaves!!! Why is it that Don Slager makes 3.6 million a year 14.1 million after stock options, payouts etc. Upon his death his family would receive 23 million dollars.!! Last year Republic made 591 million in profit but yet had told our division there would be no cookouts, no Christmas party because the company did not make a profit.. Oh and just a Fyi you know what we get for a Christmas bonus? Absolutely nothing a big goose egg. We work our butts off day in and day out to make Republic Services money without us Republic would be nothing. Some guys go to work stressed, depressed because of family situations, health etc.maybe Don Slaver should do an episode of undercover boss then he would feel and respect all the hard work that us as employees give to the company. I could ho on forever of giving advice, giving them ideas on how to grow as a company, but I ask myself why? What has this company done for us besides pay us for the work we are getting paid to do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A good company that's lost its way.

Former Employee - Dispatch in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Houston, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Made some great friends. Decent benefits and PTO.

Cons

This company has lost its way. It no longer promotes from within. It passes over the folks with 15-25 years in the business to hire outside people with No Experience in the trash business! There are obvious double standards when it comes to management and employees. Management can get away with things that a hourly employee would lose their job for. Some managemnt shows blatant disrespect for it's employees. The raises are non existent the most I received from and annual review was .35 cents, and my reviews were excellent.

Advice to Management

There was a time that hard work was rewarded and not abused ... get back to that time. Listen to your lower level employees, drivers, csr, dispatchers. Without them you wouldn't have a company. Take care of your employees financially and for goodness sakes promote from within!!!

short review to put something here

Current Employee - Mechanic in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

networking people, purchasing process, goals

Cons

bosses are overwhelmed and are not aware of what is really happening

Advice to Management

communicate more