Republic Services

www.republicservices.com
  www.republicservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Working for the garbage co.!

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Republic Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Broad resource availability from national-footprint company.
Multiple lines of business and career opportunities.

Cons

Locally, not committed to innovative waste management solutions.
Old-school company, without innovative internal technologies or processes.
"Sales" treated as a "step child" of "Operations"; not given equitable voice in company success.

Branches need more specific attention to local needs.
Integrate the sales function into the overall success of the branch and company!

196 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Was a great career for years but management had other ideas...

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Republic Services for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, average earnings which depending on your determination and skills, paid weekly on salary Good training but too long and really doesn't hit what you need to know when you hit the streets. Really enjoyed what I did on a daily basis, had fun, just most mgmt is oblivious.

Cons

Will keep this short as I had to redo this! Most mgmt is only concerned about his numbers to corp and doesn't care of who they step on or how. Favoritism was shown greatly in my office between the new reps and myself. You will do great if you brown nose the mgr and you don't need a brain to advance. Integrity is one of our "5 R's of Republic", well, they are missing a few, responsible and respectful, in my opinion only. Seems to be going toward micro-managing and too much admin work to do for you to successfully attain your monthly, absurd high sales goals for growth rep, but they don't understand the issue of why! 2 years behind the times and slow to change. Good ole boy network is obviously, that holds a lot of good people back. Lack of communication and the following of company policy on a consistent basis and changes daily and they don't let you know. I will stop here, but the last 5 years at least, I have dealt with impossible mgrs that have lied, covered things up, intimidated reps, held them back from being successful plus they had no clue of what most reps were actually doing to the customer base and did not care, long as they hit their budget #'s for their bonus (mgmt_) Had a blast really of what I did, just who I had to report to and up, may as well have been Porky Pig.

Get real people! Have you forgotten who is responsible for your paycheck! From the CEO to most upper mgmt people, clean out the wax in your ears and use your listening skills for once! You are so far removed the the actual world, the company is going in the wrong direction in a lot of places. You have lost so many great people and did not listen when some spoke, not good, they are the ones who keep the company going, the front line! You guys, all you do is make stocks look good by fudging numbers, you do nothing, I repeat, NOTHING for your customers!!! I help run my husbands business, if I acted and did business the way it is currently done there, well, I would lose the business for bad business decisions. Thanks

pretty good company, but still have a few issues since transition with Allied

I have been working at Republic Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

open door policy, benefits,. work hours

Cons

no advancement, fraudulent open door policy, raises and salary

.75 -1.00 raises are a good thing, this .20 raises are chicken feed, not going to keep top performers with that, even with the economy issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Worked for Republic Services? Contribute to the Community!