Republic Services

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Disgusted in Virginia

Current Employee - Manager in Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

salary benefits Most hourly employees and drivers are good people good friends

Cons

sales managers do not have experience to deal with customers or employees it all about sales quotas. If they loose some customers they raise the price on AAA plus customers Republics idea is that triple A customers will pay without looking at or thinking about it they will just pay..This is to make things look good to stock holders. Do not go to HR you will loose your job within a week didn't happen to me but to one of our sales Reps. reason for her dismissal was she made a thirty dollar mistake on a contract HA Ha Everyone of us has made bigger mistakes than that. I am not a member of sales I am just setting back and watching. This is not right. This was all overseen by Regional Manager. Sales manager is also partial to male sales people they get better pricing for potential new customers not given to female reps. No help given to female reps to help them reach their goals

Start paying attention to your customer and employees your employees make the business not you we make or break a company admit mistakes and do something about them this could be a great company but they always blame someone or something else Bill Gates a major stock holder should pay attention to what is actually going on maybe its not worth what you think !

215 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Not much movement

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Management support; some nice people to work with; continuous community involvement.

Cons

Not much upward movement; some lateral

Pay attention to the in-house talent and help them get to the next level if they have earned it.

A good company that's lost its way.

Former Employee - Dispatch in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Houston, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Made some great friends. Decent benefits and PTO.

Cons

This company has lost its way. It no longer promotes from within. It passes over the folks with 15-25 years in the business to hire outside people with No Experience in the trash business! There are obvious double standards when it comes to management and employees. Management can get away with things that a hourly employee would lose their job for. Some managemnt shows blatant disrespect for it's employees. The raises are non existent the most I received from and annual review was .35 cents, and my reviews were excellent.

There was a time that hard work was rewarded and not abused ... get back to that time. Listen to your lower level employees, drivers, csr, dispatchers. Without them you wouldn't have a company. Take care of your employees financially and for goodness sakes promote from within!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services