Republic Services

www.republicservices.com
  www.republicservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Corporate's priorities are all wrong

Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a relaxed working environment.

Cons

Everyone received a flat 2% annual raise. Corporate wastes time and resources purchasing and implementing ridiculous programs instead of giving their office staff a working printer. (Such as buying a baseball hat that every member the office had to wear in case of a safety incident). Management hired and then protected a few key supervisors who brought down the whole team. A lot of my former coworkers actually cared about their jobs but were then taught not to.

The necessary changes are obvious, republic bought out some great companies who had very satisfied employees, they modeling them a bit more.

215 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Great company with excellent growth opportunities!

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent career and upward mobility opportunities. Good leadership with the leverage to make decisions locally with corporate support. Rewarding benefits.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Continue to allow market planning from the bottom up.

"STRAPPED DOWN" This company will NOT promote from within, regardless of all the experience you may have!

Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Weekily paychecks and Benefits..... But thats it.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, if management expects and receives top performance from us the real workers that drive this company to the heights where it's at...... Then we Expect the same from you Management!. Meaning, we expect RESPECT, RECOGNITION, AND VALUE!!!! Next, provide us with the proper tools to do OUR JOB (for example: working trucks!!!) How can you expect a driver to go out and pull a route daily without a truck? Seriously, all that training and meetings you guys have, and you cant solve this issue? Because this is an ongoing dillemma. Also promotions are nonexistant, unless ofcourse you play favorites. Again it comes down to poor management and unprofessionalism. Management does as it pleases, and pick and choose who they want to advance and Equal Opportunity is obsolete for the rest of us. Its simply just the run around and the "policy card" they pull out when they see it fit and to cover their butts.....

They wont listen anyways.... Been there/ Done that! Waste of my time.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services