There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Corporate's priorities are all wrong

Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a relaxed working environment.

Cons

Everyone received a flat 2% annual raise. Corporate wastes time and resources purchasing and implementing ridiculous programs instead of giving their office staff a working printer. (Such as buying a baseball hat that every member the office had to wear in case of a safety incident). Management hired and then protected a few key supervisors who brought down the whole team. A lot of my former coworkers actually cared about their jobs but were then taught not to.

The necessary changes are obvious, republic bought out some great companies who had very satisfied employees, they modeling them a bit more.

201 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Could be a lot better..

Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Close to home, I met a lot of good guys..

Cons

No respect for the work being done, favortism, lack of communication, pay, benefits etc.

Get the right management, reward your employees not treat them like slaves!!! Why is it that Don Slager makes 3.6 million a year 14.1 million after stock options, payouts etc. Upon his death his family would receive 23 million dollars.!! Last year Republic made 591 million in profit but yet had told our division there would be no cookouts, no Christmas party because the company did not make a profit.. Oh and just a Fyi you know what we get for a Christmas bonus? Absolutely nothing a big goose egg. We work our butts off day in and day out to make Republic Services money without us Republic would be nothing. Some guys go to work stressed, depressed because of family situations, health etc.maybe Don Slaver should do an episode of undercover boss then he would feel and respect all the hard work that us as employees give to the company. I could ho on forever of giving advice, giving them ideas on how to grow as a company, but I ask myself why? What has this company done for us besides pay us for the work we are getting paid to do.

Fulfilling and rewarding career opportunity.

Former Employee - Commercial Frontend Driver in Capitol Heights, MD
    Former Employee - Commercial Frontend Driver in Capitol Heights, MD

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The salary, benefits, chance for equal growth, and knowledge of the refuse industry.

Cons

The complexity of the routes with no room for error (ex. truck breaking down) routes still have to be picked up with limited to no help.

Break down the routes to keep drivers within a safe operating level and reduce driver error.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services