Should have known better

Former Employee - Residential Driver in Hudson, FL
Former Employee - Residential Driver in Hudson, FL

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly paycheck (very weak)
having a job

Cons

Underpaid for work accomplished
6 day work week
Uncaring management
Hard, physical labor
"Good Ole Boys Club"
Very unorganized
Lack of Training
Doesn't care about safety
No foresight/planning

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people. Employees have problems too. Talk with them when you see a problem. Be mentors and not just bosses. The turnover rate is tremendous. Management needs to work closer with their employees and help in anyway possible to make working this difficult job more manageable.

Employees have input that may help the company. Our middle management needs help but their " I know everything" and "Im the boss, your the employee" attitudes will not help the company grow.
Hudson Republic recently took over Hernando co. They have numerous employees who have worked the area with the previous company. There are problems that these employees can help fix. The egos of the management is preventing the branch from correcting these problems. The management needs to learn how to utilize these resources.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company with excellent growth opportunities!

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent career and upward mobility opportunities. Good leadership with the leverage to make decisions locally with corporate support. Rewarding benefits.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow market planning from the bottom up.

"STRAPPED DOWN" This company will NOT promote from within, regardless of all the experience you may have!

Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Weekily paychecks and Benefits..... But thats it.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, if management expects and receives top performance from us the real workers that drive this company to the heights where it's at...... Then we Expect the same from you Management!. Meaning, we expect RESPECT, RECOGNITION, AND VALUE!!!! Next, provide us with the proper tools to do OUR JOB (for example: working trucks!!!) How can you expect a driver to go out and pull a route daily without a truck? Seriously, all that training and meetings you guys have, and you cant solve this issue? Because this is an ongoing dillemma. Also promotions are nonexistant, unless ofcourse you play favorites. Again it comes down to poor management and unprofessionalism. Management does as it pleases, and pick and choose who they want to advance and Equal Opportunity is obsolete for the rest of us. Its simply just the run around and the "policy card" they pull out when they see it fit and to cover their butts.....

Advice to Management

They wont listen anyways.... Been there/ Done that! Waste of my time.