Republic Services

Could Be Better...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

A small and relaxed working environment. Although there are departmental conflicts, within each department is a "family" who values and respects their counterparts. For the most part, management is helpful, competent, and deserving of their positions. Area, Regional, and Corporate Management is dedicated to making the best company possible. There are many times that you will be proud to work there due to customer satisfaction, communtiy involvement, and service standards.

Cons

The animosity between departments creates a tense workplace. There are certain managers who are legends in their own mind and use unprofessional actions, lies, and bad-mouthing other depts/managers to enhance their own self image. These managers, specifically one who likes to hear himself talk, are not very well-liked in the company due to their unprofessional standards, failing departments, and lack of managerial skills. Cutting down other employees and using unapplicable mottos does not constitute effective managing and employee inspiration. There are some departments within the division that are over-worked and are poorly paid while another department is seemingly idle all day and receives regular recognition for other peoples' work. The lack of team spirit and work ethic of some people will frustrate you. As an employee for many years, it is disheartening to see the downward direction of the division in recent times.

My advice would be to take a closer look at each department and cut those managers and employees that are not worth the work they produce. Realize that the hard-working employees are why the division has been so successful and the future without them is dramatically different.

242 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

It's a great day at Republic!

Current Employee - Clerical in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Clerical in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

We are recognized fully for the job that we do. There are a lot of bonus programs in place for customer service incentives and other items like meeting or "better than budget" productivity numbers. Republic has a lot of sites nationwide which gives flexibility when relocating to other states. Republic also has an weblisting of job openings at each of the sites nationwide so people are promoted or relocated from with in when ever possible.

Cons

Working for a large corporation such as this, we can't make decisions based on the need in our market area but more so decisions are based on what Republic Corporate thinks we need. We have many small competitors in our area and need to be able to competitively run our business.

Communicate better with the employees. We need to hear that everything is running smoothly.

Republic Services is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

I have a good amount of freedom as I am out on the road a lot visiting current customers. Also, it is nice to work for someone who does not micro-manage.

Cons

Intra-office politics leave a lot to be desired, as one department feels pitted against another due to a difference in managing styles. Also, the benefits are not that great, they are expensive for both prescriptions and doctors' visits.

I would suggest that they give more attention to the issues between certain departments, as the angst can really cause a lot of unhappy people. If certain managers would behave in a more professional manner, most of the problems could most likely be avoided. Unfortunately, this is not addressed with them either, so the cycle nevers ends!

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services