There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

RSG - Where people are a commodity, and long-term strategic focus is nil.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

Compensation is somewhat in line with competition. Bonus, if actually achievable, is generous. Although 50% of 0 is still 0.

Cons

Company is highly centralized, be it on a Corporate or Regional level. Very little is controlled by the local markets. RSG loves standards, employees can take very little action, must be within the standards.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap, actually put the what your saying into action. Put your people first, and realize your best players are in the field; not at the region or corporate level. Empower employees locally, then hold them accountable for their actions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's a great day at Republic!

Current Employee - Clerical in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Clerical in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

We are recognized fully for the job that we do. There are a lot of bonus programs in place for customer service incentives and other items like meeting or "better than budget" productivity numbers. Republic has a lot of sites nationwide which gives flexibility when relocating to other states. Republic also has an weblisting of job openings at each of the sites nationwide so people are promoted or relocated from with in when ever possible.

Cons

Working for a large corporation such as this, we can't make decisions based on the need in our market area but more so decisions are based on what Republic Corporate thinks we need. We have many small competitors in our area and need to be able to competitively run our business.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with the employees. We need to hear that everything is running smoothly.

Republic Services is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

I have a good amount of freedom as I am out on the road a lot visiting current customers. Also, it is nice to work for someone who does not micro-manage.

Cons

Intra-office politics leave a lot to be desired, as one department feels pitted against another due to a difference in managing styles. Also, the benefits are not that great, they are expensive for both prescriptions and doctors' visits.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that they give more attention to the issues between certain departments, as the angst can really cause a lot of unhappy people. If certain managers would behave in a more professional manner, most of the problems could most likely be avoided. Unfortunately, this is not addressed with them either, so the cycle nevers ends!