Republic Services

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Gained useful experience

Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are descent.They paid a living wage/salary. It was a great first career for me and provided valuable business lessons. I would never see it as my forever career.

Cons

There were limitations on how far you could advance depending on how much time you were willing to give up with your family. As I value family more, I knew I wasn't going much further.

You would get better, more qualified people in positions if a work/life balance was promoted.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

Life at Republic Services

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

The company provides many trainings and offers more on their learning portal. They post various job openings across the country.

Cons

The company does not compensate for hard work, raises are very weak. Raises seem to go to people who are related with the hire ups.

Wasted 6 years at this company.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The building is in a nice location with plenty of places to eat lunch.

Cons

Unless you are going in as a consultant, don't waste your time. There are groups of consultants that have been there for years. They are truly running the organization. Management can't hire them as they are too expensive, can't get rid of them because they hold all the key positions. For this reason as an employee you can count on zero chance of advancement and close to zero raise.

Educate yourself on how to treat your employees better than the hoards of contractors that you utilize. Employee morale would Improve if you would treat them with the same respect you give to the contracting groups. Trim the middle managers. Managers shouldn't outnumber the employees. A manager should be able to manage more than one to two employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services