Republic Services

www.republicservices.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

Loved my job but upper management needs better HR skills

Former Employee - Residential Driver in De Soto, IL
Former Employee - Residential Driver in De Soto, IL

I worked at Republic Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay co-workers were great people and immediate supervisor was a good man. Over all, good place to work. Thought I would retire from this job.

Cons

Co-workers were scared of upper management, they were afraid they would get fired at anytime. Told to hurry hurry and then told slow down and be safe, but don't go over certain hours. They tell you to make sure to stop for 30 min. lunch, but no one ever has time to.

I was terminated because someone else backed in to my truck (backing accident!?). Another guy wrecked two trucks (totaled), and they sent him to retraining. Of course I'm 48 and the other guy was young. I think the HR Manager was afraid he would play the race card. Myself: Filed for bankruptcy

242 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

BEWARE

Current Employee - Front Load Driver in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Front Load Driver in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is "OK", Needs to be more though. Benefits are "OK", Nothing great.

Cons

Prepare for the end of your personal life, I get up at 1am and get home at 5-6pm. They constantly look to "wright you up" over any little thing they can find. I've been here less than a year and have seen more wright up's, 3 day suspension's, And people getting fired than I have in my entire working life. Trucks don't get repaired like they should. If it can be "patched up" instead of downing the truck and spending the money to fix it right, That's what they will do. I've been told the less they spend on repairing trucks the bigger the bonus management will get. Of course I can't prove this but I can say they don't like to spend money the trucks, I'm in my mid 40's and this is the worst truck I have ever been in. They'll preach safety one minute, Then give you a day and half worth of work and expect you to get it done, Safely, In one day. You have to run long, Hard hours and if you get into an accident you could loose your job depending on how bad it was. Nobody in management has ever told me "Good Job, Thanks, I Appreciate You", Nothing, Ever. They usually act like your bothering them if they have speak to you. Overall this is the worst place I have ever worked.

Big Company/ hard to do business with as customer or employee.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, 401k w/ percentage company match

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, inefficient procedures, little inside support for outside reps

Restructure sales initiatives to focus on growth and true retention efforts with customer. Time wasted on collections, price increases,handling operational calls are better spent increasing revenue. Seems company has reduced headcount in these areas and expect sales people to cover. Little or no advancement opportunity. Rediculous internal paperwork constraints . Annual commission plan changes blatanly reflect company intent to reduce compensation, and increase workload. Worklife/ homelife balance is terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services